Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2016 4:05:11 PM EDT
Just curious.

Mine is rolling in at around 4.5# after a spring tweak. Anything lower it seems it will hammer follow. But seems to be golden set right around that weight.

Whats yours?
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 4:20:40 PM EDT
[#1]
20" HBAR BAD15, I use for long distance is 2.5lbs.
16" Medium bull BAD15 is 3lbs.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess I should have specified. For the BHP pistol
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]
5#

Edited to add text because "5#" returned "Message text too short" error.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 10:05:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess I should have specified. For the BHP pistol
View Quote

Ahh, no you shouldn't haveconsidering what sub-forum you post in.  Both of mine are about the same as yours and have been very nice with hundreds of rounds through them.  Mine also have the 2 coil trigger spring which really helps with the reset too and should be added to all bhp's that have had the mag disconnect removed.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 6:14:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Right on.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't having issues with a worn sear or something.

I just pumped several hundred through it today. No issues. I guess around 4.5 pounds is just as low as they go reliably
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 3:33:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine are between 4.5 and 5. Never had a problem.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 6:06:48 PM EDT
[#7]
My beat up late '40s came with a 4.5lb trigger that has just a bit of creep if you pull too slow. If you squeeze it like you are supposed to it breaks clean. I like it because that gives me feedback when I squeeze wrong.

Planning on doing the finish prep and refinish myself as one of my multitude of projects.

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I have  a few as low as 4.5# but most are 5-5.5# because they are more reliable at that weight. When you get into the 4# range hammer follow will be an issue if you shoot the gun with any regularity. There are a few smiths that can get you into the 4.5# range on heavy use gun but you are on the edge IMHO.  In my time with BHPs I have found that lots of people mistake clean crisp 5# triggers for 4# trigger but when you actually put them on a scale and measure them people mistake smoothness for lower weight.

I ask for 5# triggers on my custom BHPs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top