Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2016 8:39:37 PM EDT
I'm looking to buy my first Hi-Power and I want to be sure I can install Heinie Sights on it.  It seems that those sights will only fit the larger dovetails on the Mark III Hi-Powers, is this correct?  Can you send a Mk I or II slide to have the dovetails cut for these sights?

Heinie's website has almost no info on this question that I have.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 1:35:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Don Williams of Action Works replied to a comment I made on getting Heinie sights on my early internal extractor Hi Power. They will not do it because the sight cut in the rear goes through the extractor channel. Any HP with a external extractor should be fine to send to Heinie for the sight work.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Alex at 10 Ring Precision put 1911 Henies on my BHP.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 4:30:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Contact Dave Thomas at 2nd Amendment Gunsmithing.    [email protected]  He installed Heinie night sights on a Hi-Power for me. Did a very nice job.  I believe he is in UT.

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:17:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Any decent BHP smith can put a pair of Henies on your BHP as long as it does not have an internal extractor.

Mr Garthwaite did these for me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top