BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#1]
We shall see, everything has been ordered so

Hopefully the safety and new trigger go in without too much fitting.

With some fresh springs we can atleast eliminate that being a variable.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 3:02:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

What trigger? Garthwaite? I'm guessing you got the C&S safety.

Same as your favorite 1911. Nothing on the hi power is plug and play.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep and yep.

Hopefully it wont be too bad
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 3:24:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yep and yep.

Hopefully it wont be too bad
View Quote

Let me know how you like that Garthwaite. I really wanted to get one but I know what'll happen.....

All of them will have to have one.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Well the springs are showing up today.

The safety and trigger are MIA from Brownells .

Says it shipped 4/12 but everyone I have talked to says it hasnt shipped which seems highly odd to me.

I suppose the springs is all I really need to make sure this thing is working right however
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Says it shipped 4/12 but everyone I have talked to says it hasnt shipped which seems highly odd to me.

I suppose the springs is all I really need to make sure this thing is working right however
View Quote

Bolded your problem.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Bolded your problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bolded your problem.

First issue Ive ever had. I was crossing my fingers it would magically show up like the wolff springs did, but thats not the case

ETA

Told me they cannot provide tracking and to wait till next week to see if it shows up.......
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#8]
100 trouble free rounds.

I got about 500 rounds I'll run through it this weekend to be sure.

Mag springs are much stiffer.

Recoil spring is still lighter than the Novak supplied one. I wonder if it's a 40 call spring that came with this gun originally. I'll just use the Wolff 18.5 from here on out
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 7:33:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Hopefully it's much better. It's weird that your mag springs were that far out? Guess I should stock up on mag springs now
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 8:37:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hopefully it's much better. It's weird that your mag springs were that far out? Guess I should stock up on mag springs now
View Quote

Yeah its really surprising as these have never been used.

I have two hi powers that are engraved up. Thats where these mags came from. I have shot one of them a few times so.

These wolf springs are not will fit with the mouse trap mags though. I had to cut the legs off of them, wasnt much of an issue but those springs are tough little guys. But now its harder to load like most double stack pistol mags I have used. That 13th round squeezes in. Biggest plus is the mag no longer rattles when loaded and in my pocket

Maybe the springs sipmly didnt have the proper heat treat. Who knows.

Im going to replace the extractor spring too for the hell of it once I get my punches from brownells with my other parts

I believe the small issue I was having is fixed with more powerful mag springs
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have two hi powers that are engraved up. Thats where these mags came from. I have shot one of them a few times so.

These wolf springs are not will fit with the mouse trap mags though. I had to cut the legs off of them, wasnt much of an issue but those springs are tough little guys. But now its harder to load like most double stack pistol mags I have used. That 13th round squeezes in. Biggest plus is the mag no longer rattles when loaded and in my pocket

Im going to replace the extractor spring too for the hell of it once I get my punches from brownells with my other parts

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You did what....
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You did what....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You did what....

Off of the new springs. Its not bent to incorporate the mouse trap spring. So I cut the piece of the spring that would interfere with it.

It said on their website you may have to trim them for the mouse trap mags.

Seems to work fine.

Well see this weekend however.

I will add I trust it enough that its on my side right now
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 4:40:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
100 trouble free rounds.

I got about 500 rounds I'll run through it this weekend to be sure.

Mag springs are much stiffer.

Recoil spring is still lighter than the Novak supplied one. I wonder if it's a 40 call spring that came with this gun originally. I'll just use the Wolff 18.5 from here on out
View Quote

So was the original Novak spring about the same length as the Wolff?  The Wolff springs generally are a good inch longer than the factory browning springs, and I once years ago swear I got a Wolff 40 in a one of the 18.5lb packages as it was noticeably different than the other two I bought at the same time.  Both springs were about the same length but the believed miss marked one was way more stout, then after I just only bought the factory springs as they tended to fit a lot better without any of the funky buckling that the Wolff springs did when installed and generally can be had cheaper direct from Browning.

As for the the 2 coil trigger spring, it may have increased the trigger pull but not by any discernible amount, they have made mine feel just about right for me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:39:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Finally got the small parts in. Wish me luck

All the springs have fixed my issues it seems. Its got about 700 without cleaning and its going strong
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:54:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I got the trigger in. Didn't venture into the safety tonight.

I honestly didn't expect the trigger to be oversized. But it was. Which is also nice because I have basically zero over travel now

I like the feel and look of the new trigger
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:29:23 PM EDT
[#17]
All done

Disassembly and reassembly was a little more painful than I figured, but after a few times testing fit its really not too bad.

I changed out the extractor and FP spring while I was ind there.

I didnt have to remove very much frome the safety. But you had to be careful to maintain the profile.

Its still a touch stiff. But is already getting better with some use. But I like it much more. I think once the detent wears a bit itll be better. It very much feels like a 1911 now with the trigger and wider safety.

Really happy with how this turned out and doesnt look like I ruined anything

Pics from the bench

Link Posted: 5/13/2016 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#18]
If you can track down a flat bottom firing pin stop, it's a cheap and worthwhile upgrade. It retards slide unlocking a little bit, and ensures that your slide will not outrun the mag, and also helps recoil a little bit. IMO all 1911s and Hi-Powers should have this.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If you can track down a flat bottom firing pin stop, it's a cheap and worthwhile upgrade. It retards slide unlocking a little bit, and ensures that your slide will not outrun the mag, and also helps recoil a little bit. IMO all 1911s and Hi-Powers should have this.
View Quote

Yup

Linky
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yup

Linky
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup

Linky

Sweet thanks for the link.

Not a bad idea to have one around. Its the only part thats actually broke for me on a 1911.

I may order one down the road.

Ive carried the BHP quite a bit lately. Really like it. Also very easy to shoot well.

Oh BTW no issues any longer after new mag springs. Gun runs 100% all the time.

Safety detent must have finally worn in as well. No longer hard to move the safety and is nice and positive.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Not a bad idea to have one around. Its the only part thats actually broke for me on a 1911.

Ive carried the BHP quite a bit lately. Really like it. Also very easy to shoot well.

Safety detent must have finally worn in as well. No longer hard to move the safety and is nice and positive.
View Quote

Starting to forget about that 1911 aren't ya?
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 2:51:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its an interesting thing really. I still pick up the old 1911 everyday and dry fire. The trigger is leaps and bounds over a BHP, even though the BHP has a nice pull.

I shot 200 rounds through my suppressed 1911 this weekend.

I hate to say this, but I think I find the BHP easier to shoot well. I dont think it fatigues me like .45 rounds do. But I shoot alot more each time Im out with the BHP than with any .45 gun. Cost of ammo and such.

Ive shot 1911s for so damn long. I think it was a good idea to step back for a bit.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 3:11:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Obligatory update pic

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 12:15:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Good deal, but I got a better one from gunbroker and nearly jumped into the computer.
Nib Novak hi power all decked out with Spegel grips for 625.00

Talk about hitting the lottery!
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Good deal, but I got a better one from gunbroker and nearly jumped into the computer.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

The pictures man. Where are the pictures?
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:52:55 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote
just Amazing!

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
just Amazing!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

just Amazing!  

Yup. Some people have all the luck...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top