Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2016 5:45:06 PM EDT
I have a 2010 75th Anniversary Standard model.  It has night sights and VZ grips and disconnect removed.  I am ready to put $400 in parts into it to make the controls more usable, give the trigger a better shape/pull/reset, and add more durable internals(sear, extractor).  I know the gunsmith who will do the work, and I doubt he will charge me very much, if anything.  I am tempted though by the idea of a 2nd Hi Power, because it is the best handgun in my opinion, and I want more.  But if I buy a second one, I will then think it needs even more upgrades than the current one(sights, grips, + everything mentioned above).  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I would get a second one, spend the money on upgrades and refinish on it, then put your first one back to factory condition.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 11:06:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would get a second one, spend the money on upgrades and refinish on it, then put your first one back to factory condition.
View Quote

Too late for that, I sold the original grips(too thick) and I have always hated the 3 vertical bar sights and probably tossed them.  It has been a work gun(when I was working at gun stores and a range), so I'm not trying to keep it in pristine shape, just want it to be better.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 11:14:22 PM EDT
[#3]
$400 isn't going to get you very far with a second gun.  
Like into a beat up milsurp BHP.
And then you'll have 2 that aren't what you really want.

If you can do the mods for $400 and have the gun you want, I'd say do that.
Then pick up another later on down the road
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 6:27:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Your choice. I don't think I'd want my tuned CCW BHP to be an Anniversary model. But you've already started making changes on it. So be it. $400 isn't going to go far for modifications. Trigger job, trigger modification, reliability package, new internals etc. will eat that $400 up quickly. Unless your qualified gunsmith is doing this work for peanuts. A 2nd BHP is another whole investment that will add up and quickly surpass $400 from start to finish beginning with night sights.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 12:45:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Modifications it is.  The gunsmith is very qualified, and a friend, so it shouldn't be too bad.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 1:00:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Both
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 6:57:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Modifications it is.  The gunsmith is very qualified, and a friend, so it shouldn't be too bad.
View Quote

Is it Alex?
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 9:55:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Is it Alex?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it Alex?

You probably wouldn't know him, but he is well known in DFW.  Charles Burford.  I worked with him when I was at Frisco Gun Club.  Great guy, extremely knowledgeable about all guns, especially Hi Powers and 1911s.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top