Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2016 6:07:43 PM EDT
I cant find another like this but i have a browning hi power,looks chrome, qooden grips with red on the inside, made in belgium and in good shape. What would the value be?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Could it be the nickel silver finish and not chrome?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:11:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Possible.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:31:31 AM EDT
[#3]
i have a similar one, but the trigger is also chrome/(nickel?). a matching magazine as well.  the tiny shiny sights make it really hard to see the front post at all in some lighting conditions :D
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Possible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Possible.

Really need to see pics of the other side of it
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:54:28 AM EDT
[#5]
This is a chrome nickel Hi-Power HKILLER. The silver chrome model is dull and gives it a harder look finish. More pictures would help to identify it such as serial # date code, factory markings, etc.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 8:23:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:34:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Eww

is that dirt, grease, or rust all over it?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 1:56:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Eww

is that dirt, grease, or rust all over it?
View Quote

Both
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#9]
There's lot to make me go "HUH?"
Blued hammer, nickel plated gun.........not the way it left Belgium.
The only T series HP's that were nickeled were the "Renaissance"  (highly engraved) models.
Nickel plated Hi Powers weren't a standard production item until the 1980's.....well after the last T series was built.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:13:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There's lot to make me go "HUH?"
Blued hammer, nickel plated gun.........not the way it left Belgium.
The only T series HP's that were nickeled were the "Renaissance"  (highly engraved) models.
Nickel plated Hi Powers weren't a standard production item until the 1980's.....well after the last T series was built.
View Quote

This. This is why I wanted to see the other side, to see the serial number. IMHO it has been reworked and chromed.  T series, so what, late 60's original production?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#11]
T277XXX would put this T series Hi-Power at 1969/1970. HKILLER, this pistol has been re-finished. Still a shooter though. Keep it and enjoy.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:55:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone have an idea in the value?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#13]
250-400.... Dad has a similar high power with luftwaffle symbols all over it and it might be worth $500.... Morons that chrome plate fine pistols piss me off...
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:32:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
250-400.... Dad has a similar high power with luftwaffle symbols all over it and it might be worth $500.... Morons that chrome plate fine pistols piss me off...
View Quote

I don't know about that low, maybe around $500.  I'd rather have a ruined T series than a ruined nazi hi power with an internal extractor.

The T series could at least be made into a nice shooter or custom build.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#15]
The "Raison d'etre"..."reason for being", for the "premium" associated with the "T" SN is the belief...often "less than true", that the "T series" were fit and finished much better than "other" BHPs. Not to say that one shouldn't...simply because of downright foolishness in the market, expect to pay a "premium" just for the "T" SN...such is the silliness associated with the BHP marked of late.

With that said; this "T" appears to have had issues before the plating...perhaps that's why it was plated, and looks to have received less than stellar care once it was plated. And...market variations aside, I personally wouldn't pay more than $400 for it...not knowing what's really under the plating but knowing the costs, waits and hassle involved in attempting to return it to a reasonable semblance of its former glory.

FWIW, "Luftwaffe symbols"? That would be EXTREMELY rare, perhaps you mean the standard WWII German Waffenamt codes found on occupation manufactured BHPs;  WaA613, WaA103 or WaA140 for Fabrique Nationale, Lüttich?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top