Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2016 2:51:55 AM EDT
I've got an Argentine Hi Power I got as a project gun. It was in rough shape so I bead blasted the finish off, stripped it bare, removed the magazine safety and cleaned and polished every surface. I intend to refinish it either high polish blue or matte black Duracoat, maybe Np3. Depending on the finish either install factory Browning wood grips or Pachmayr wraparounds. Then either Novak's front and rear or a fixed front and adjustable rear. Either way I need the slide cut for dovetails.

I don't have the first clue who to send it to for this, so I'd appreciate any recommendations and input.

If anyone knows a good smith in the west central Alabama area (I'm in Tuscaloosa) I'd appreciate that as well.

Thanks guys.

I'm also interested in installing an extended safety, similar to kind on the MKIII I believe. (?)

I don't know if that's even possible so I'd also be grateful for any info on that. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 8:58:54 AM EDT
[#1]
If you want Novak sights, send it directly to Novak, they will cut your slide and install their sights. Only need your slide. I forget the price but it's reasonable IMHO.

Still waiting on my hi power I sent off to another smith. One of my favorites.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 11:01:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you want Novak sights, send it directly to Novak, they will cut your slide and install their sights. Only need your slide. I forget the price but it's reasonable IMHO.

Still waiting on my hi power I sent off to another smith. One of my favorites.
View Quote

I hadn't thought of that, good idea. Honestly I probably would've gone with "Novak style" imitations instead of the genuine article, simply due to cost and the fact that this gun, while growing on me, isn't particularly valuable or used that often.

Depending on price though I'll definitely look into it. Thanks.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top