Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2015 11:16:25 PM EDT
I have a Mark 3 Hi Power practical, and it has been moved up from safe duty to my primary home defense pistol. I want to replace the standard, fixed sights.

I know Trijicon does not make the HD sights for the HP, but are any close enough that I could get them installed by Novak or someone? What are some of the quality night sights available to the HP,and how much milling to get them installed? Pics are always appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 8:06:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Imortal,

I had a plain black wide notch rear sight and a tritium night front sight installed on a slide recently by Novak's. You can send in just the slide.

They will have to mill the sights in even though it may have dove-tailed sights on it now because it is a different cut for the Novak's.

If you want a fiber optic front and rear, LPA makes a model that fits into the current dovetails of a MKIII. The model I purchased was TTF 62BN. Got them at Precision Sales Int'l. They were the cheapest I could find. these will fit your BHP if both sights are factory dove-tailed.

Keep in mind that for concealed carry, the fiber optics are not recommended because of the possibility of the tubes being broken. Doesn't happen often but can happen.

There are other sights, but these are the ones I am familiar with. BTW, turn-around time for Novak's is crazy fast. I shipped the slide on a Friday, they received it Monday and called me Tuesday afternoon that it was done.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#2]
You could have 1911 sights milled into your slide.  Do a search and you'll find many pictures.

I prefer the larger 1911 rear compared to the smaller BHP sights from Novak, for example.  

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=291114
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 5:48:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies. I think I am going to go with the old school Trijicon night sights.  They should go onto a Mark III with no milling of slide, and money is a serious consideration right now.  The Hi-power is stepping up to HD duty because my collection is being pared down to the bone. It will not be the coolest looking, but I fully expect them to be functional.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top