Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2015 3:42:16 AM EDT
Got excited when I saw the price, but guys I know at LGS pointed the issue out to me before I picked it up.   With hammer back, it rattles like a shot out Colt.   Slide fit leaves alot to be desired.   Slide seems to sit ahead of the frame, but more on side than the other.

Front sight is crooked although maybe it got banged around after it left the factory.   Really surprised as I have handled quite a few hi powers over the years.   Maybe mfg. during national beer festival week in Belgium?    Very odd for a gun that is in excellent condition.   Trigger seems heavier than usual too, even for a hi power.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure it's not a FEG that someone rest restamped, wouldn't be the first one that's surfaced. FEG are $250 guns but a little work with a set of letter punches and you suddenly have a $750 pistol.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 7:06:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you sure it's not a FEG that someone rest restamped, wouldn't be the first one that's surfaced. FEG are $250 guns but a little work with a set of letter punches and you suddenly have a $750 pistol.
View Quote

+1.  Go to cdisales on Gunbroker. They have quite a few that are Belgian stamped.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Belgian Stamped FEG from Coles - and its nice and tight!

Just because a Hi Power is marked FEG doesn't mean its lose.  Any gun can be shot lose or suffer over polishing from bubba smithing & refinishing woes.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Not uncommon for hi powers to loosen up over time.  The steel tends to be a little soft.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top