Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2015 4:47:46 PM EDT
Hello.  I am looking to getting back into the wonderful world of Hi-Powers. The last one I had was an old surplus; I am now looking at a Mark III.

My question is- If the dovetails are already cut in the Mark III, is machining still required for aftermarket sites?  I am looking at Heine sights, but not completely sold yet.

Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#1]
It depends on the sights. Some (if not all) Heines require extra machining. But the standard Trijicon/Meprolights don't require any.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 4:59:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Is there any reputable list of what should and shouldn't work?  

And why is there no FAQ for the hi-powers?
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The HP is sorta a closed market handgun.  I like them but there are newer platforms out there now and so the HP market is more limited.  Try this site.

http://hipowersandhandguns.com/FAQs.htm
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 8:29:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Cylinder and Slide does very good work on HP's and are very helpful with whatever questions you might have.

http://www.cylinder-slide.com/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=BHPparts&sid=783094qc4ec2n07kjriu4g8904d30475

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:40:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I just had Novak's put a set of their lo-mount 3-dot sights on my MkIII- was about a hundred bucks less than Cylinder and Slide, and they had the slide back to me in about a week and a half.   They did an excellent job.

I had Cylinder and Slide put Novak sights on a previous Browning and hard chrome it.  They also did an excellent job, it was just much more expensive than Novak's.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#6]
How much was the chrome job? LIke to see some pics.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 7:36:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Not exactly what OP is asking, but pics always help.

Novak's installed by Don Williams and HCed

Bomars installed by Don

Link Posted: 8/9/2015 10:33:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Beautiful!
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Wayne Novak's shop does nice HP work as does Jim Garthwaite.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top