Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2015 5:06:33 PM EDT
Anybody else have an issue with racking the slide when wet? I shot USPSA with the Hi-Power today and my hands were too sweaty to rack the slide on the first stage. Made extra sure my hands were dry for the rest of the day. Then had the same problem on the last stage as the heavens opened up right after the load and make ready command for me.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#1]
32# hammer spring and 17# recoil spring can make the slide stiff.
My Father loves how the Browning feels in hand, but lacks the grip strength to cycle the slide.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
32# hammer spring and 17# recoil spring can make the slide stiff.
My Father loves how the Browning feels in hand, but lacks the grip strength to cycle the slide.
View Quote

I was thinking cocking the hammer first would have helped.

Grip tape on the slide any good? Pics?
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Cocking the hammer does help. My .40 HP is a tough one to rack, I have to cock the hammer. My 9mm Alloy frame is easy to rack, maybe needs new springs? but it still works fine.

Link Posted: 6/7/2015 10:20:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to the sporting goods store and get some powdered rosin.  A light dusting on your hands will help tremendously.  Standard supply in an IPSC shooter's bag.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 8:38:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anybody else have an issue with racking the slide when wet? I shot USPSA with the Hi-Power today and my hands were too sweaty to rack the slide on the first stage. Made extra sure my hands were dry for the rest of the day. Then had the same problem on the last stage as the heavens opened up right after the load and make ready command for me.
View Quote

I'm guessing epoxy finish? I have that problem with the two epoxy guns my friend has. I however have no issue with the parked one I have.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 9:33:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Games gun.

Improvise or jerry-rig something.

Putting "practical" in the name of the game does not make it so.

Real world: assume one-knee-down position, sweep everything behind you with the muzzle, and bash front face of rear sight against back edge of boot heel to cycle slide without the aid of your other hand.

Unless you are a flip-flop wearer.
In which case it's ok if you die.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 7:46:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Skateboard grip tape on the slide. Put some on the front and back straps, too. I usually shoot with gloves and avoid the issue entirely.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 9:03:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep, epoxy finish mk3. It isn't a dedicated game gun so, I'm hoping to find a fix for the gun, not my hands.

I think I will try the skateboard tape.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top