Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2015 8:39:03 AM EDT
I picked up a barely used Rosario FM hi power 9mm, flat black. I got it as part of a larger deal. I am somewhat experienced with the standard Belgian and Canadian models that I trained on way back when in the Q course, and I trained soldiers in Honduras, Panama, and Kuwait on their issue HP's (Hondurans had old Belgian mil types, Kuwaitis had the more modernized ones with the Novak sights and ambi safeties, and the PDF guys had Hungarian clones if anyone's interested in that tidbit) but I'm far from an expert on the many variants, clones, etc. My question is, is this thing worth a dam or just a POS? It seems solid and functions like every other HP I ever messed with, even though its obviously not as nicely made as the current ones.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Good Hi-Powers...

I want a Hi-Power Detective. Think of a Commander Size Hi-Power.

Only the Argies made them.

Last I check, all Argie Hi-Powers were made by FM. They're damn nice guns.

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:44:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good Hi-Powers...

I want a Hi-Power Detective. Think of a Commander Size Hi-Power.

http://www.gunblast.com/images/RKCampbell_HighPower/02.jpg

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z407/Jeremy_Ortiz/HiPower-1.jpg

Only the Argies made them.

Last I check, all Argie Hi-Powers were made by FM. They're damn nice guns.

View Quote

Shit- you're right. I was thinking of my FAL receiver.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure about the Rosario part, but I have one of the FM detective models.  It's been spot on with the exception of fitting some standard BHP grips onto it.

Visually, I much prefer the clones with the slide lightening cuts, and will probably have the cuts done to the detective, but I'm waiting until I bang up the slide a lot more or change out the sights so I can have it all done at the same time.

Unlike the FEG clones that used the Smith and Wesson barrel/lock-up system, the FM's are true to the original Browning design, so shoot it and enjoy it.

EDIT:  I just remembered that the ejector is also a different size on mine than my other BHP's, as the detective slide would not swap out with a C model frame I wanted to put it on.  I know I could have them mated up together, but I just left the C model together and the detective together instead, and had the hammer modified on the detective model to eliminate hammer bite.

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I feel like my FM is of better quality than my FN, which is saying a lot. Both are reliable and capable of equal accuracy. The Argentines know their metallurgy. I don't know if it applies to Hi Power's, but FM's FAL's are regarded as being superior to the FN's.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 5:05:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Love my FM.  I've put a few thousand rounds through it.  It shoots like a laser and eats any ammo from 115 to 147 equally well.  It will ride in any of my 1911 holsters too.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:24:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Not all feg,s are s&w lock up. Mine is true browning lock up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top