Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2014 8:43:15 PM EDT
I was having fail to extracts with the original extractor, so I replaced it with a Wolff extractor spring, FTE went away but now I'm getting 2 to 3 jams per mag , the gun NEVER did this when it had the original (weak) extractor spring in, it fed rounds fine, the jam looks like this / the bullet jams into the little nub on the barrel , other than that , the gun shoots great, I really like this gun but it's basically a range toy that jams right now, I need it for HD duty and need it 100% reliable which is why I bought the spring pack for it.

Any ideas? I'm using a BRD magazine which worked fine before, I also noticed that the ejector wiggles , is that normal?

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#1]
When you changed out the extractor spring, was the channel gunked up any? I would take it back apart, clean the crap out of the extractor channel and put the original spring back in. Test and see if things go back to original problem or not. Use a good magnifier and check the claw of the extractor for any rough edges where it grips the round. maybe the new spring is putting enough force on the extractor to keep the rounds from getting under the claw easily.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 6:18:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd buy a browning spring and clean and replace.  It may be time to replace the mag spring or at least try taking it apart and clean it too.  Inspect the hook of the extractor as John mentioned but the extractor shouldn't cause it jam as you mention.  A little play in the ejector if I recall is typical, but you should inspect it for a slight deformed or chipped tip.

What type of ammo, and does the barrel have a humped or flat feed ramp?
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 9:15:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Humped barrel, the extractor tip looks good, I cleaned out the channel when I had it apart to put the new spring in, i tried inserting a round under the extractor, it holds the round very firmly, I'm thinking maybe the mag spring needs to be replaced, reason I'm thinking that is, maybe with the weak extractor spring the mag was easily able to push a round up underneath the extractor, now that I changed that spring maybe the mag is having a harder time pushing the round up against the stronger spring.

I need a few new mags anyway and I should have bought the Wolff kit that had the mag spring in it so I could have changed that out with the other springs. So far I have changed the firing pin spring, recoil spring and extractor spring. I was shooting federal champion through the gun, I also fired 4 Fioochi's through it, out of the 4 two of them jammed.

This gun shoots great minus the jams
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd pass on anything wolff for the springs for a high power except maybe the safety spring.  If you have a humped ramp they can be finicky for what you may want to feed it, but there is hope as many have re-profiled the hump with good results.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:43:45 AM EDT
[#5]
The Wolfe springs are all junk for the HP. I ran into the exact same issue you have when I bought one of the Cole's guns. I had the same issues with my FEG, found some Browning springs at a local dealer that fixed the problem.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I found a browning extractor spring on numrich, I'll order one and hope it solves the issue
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Well looks like the feed lips were bent on my KRD magazine, I closed them up with pliers and took the gun out to shoot today, it ran 100%, ejected rounds in a nice pile , no FTE no jams, the KRD mag is the culprit/junk, will be ordering mec gars for it sooner or later, yes I'm aware that bending the feed lips is a band aid but I want to shoot this gun until I can order mags for it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice to hear you found the problem.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:07:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well looks like the feed lips were bent on my KRD magazine, I closed them up with pliers and took the gun out to shoot today, it ran 100%, ejected rounds in a nice pile , no FTE no jams, the KRD mag is the culprit/junk, will be ordering mec gars for it sooner or later, yes I'm aware that bending the feed lips is a band aid but I want to shoot this gun until I can order mags for it.
View Quote

Mec Gar mags are awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top