Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2014 2:36:29 PM EDT
I was talking to my brother about it, and he doesn't have an ARFCOM account, so I figured I'd ask here.

Something like C&S's cut down Hi-Powers. Not the Pathfinder, but a 4'' barrel length or so. I've seen 'em before.

I know the FM Detective exists... but are cut down P35s garbage?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I imagine the ones done by Laughridge or Behlert are pretty good.  I don't think I'd trust them done by anyone else, if anyone else does them.

But I doubt there is any conclusive hi round count testing done by anyone on cut down hi powers.  They are all pretty much each custom.

He should contact C&S.  He is the pro.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 11:35:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Not garbage but, they do wear out recoil springs more quickly.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not garbage but, they do wear out recoil springs more quickly.
View Quote

Figured they would. Nobody has direct experience with one?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I built several mini-hi powers when I worked at Leckie Custom Guns.  No issues with reliability, but need to keep watch on springs.  We built them using guide rods, felt they put less stress on springs.  Peter Kokalis has one we built, and if you read his articles in Shotgun News and Small Arms Review, he liked his very much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top