Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2014 10:55:56 AM EDT
Is the RMR ever gonna happen?    Whats the deal?    Anyone talk to them at SHOT or are we gonna continue to develop wonderful rifles with four year lead times and never fix the distribution problem that you have now?   Im tired of defending Kel Tec.  As a Kel Tec loyalist its really hard to remain supportive.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#3]
2 weeks
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 2:47:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
2 weeks
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/3/2014 11:06:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Still want one, and will pony up the $500 and change for one. Not willing to drop more than that though to be an early adopter when the LGS's start to rape everyone on them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 6:57:28 AM EDT
[#6]
They can't even produce and ship a proper quantity of long guns that they've made for years.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Keltec designs cool, new, and innovative firearms and then fails to produce them.

It's what they do!
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The reasons behind KT remaining a "small company" are well known, and easily found for any who don't know.

For their size, they turn out an impressive volume of firearms IMO.

Is it enough for us to be able to buy any KT product we want at or below MSRP at most gun shops whenever we want?  No.

Do I respect the owners very conservative approach to his company, even though it means I have to hunt around or wait for their guns I want?  Yep.  But YMMV.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keltec designs cool, new, and innovative firearms and then fails to produce them.

It's what they do!

The reasons behind KT remaining a "small company" are well known, and easily found for any who don't know.

For their size, they turn out an impressive volume of firearms IMO.

Is it enough for us to be able to buy any KT product we want at or below MSRP at most gun shops whenever we want?  No.

Do I respect the owners very conservative approach to his company, even though it means I have to hunt around or wait for their guns I want?  Yep.  But YMMV.

I'm aware and it doesn't change my opinion of them. I think they make awesome guns and come up with some really unique and innovative ideas. They suck at producing them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#10]
My dad has been looking for a Sub2000 in G17 9mm configuration for the past 2 years without getting screwed on the price. He's on several lists, but he called KT direct the other day about it and they said they're doubling their production space sometime soon. We'll all see if that's true, but I doubt it's going to help all that much. They need to stop coming out with anything new and focus on what has been in demand a long time.

Link Posted: 2/16/2014 1:31:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My dad has been looking for a Sub2000 in G17 9mm configuration for the past 2 years without getting screwed on the price. He's on several lists, but he called KT direct the other day about it and they said they're doubling their production space sometime soon. We'll all see if that's true, but I doubt it's going to help all that much. They need to stop coming out with anything new and focus on what has been in demand a long time.

View Quote

If pops has been looking for 2 years and still hasn't bought one...  that price that is considered "screw(ing)" might just be market price.  Has no one on this site ever taken an econ class?
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 2:50:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If pops has been looking for 2 years and still hasn't bought one...  that price that is considered "screw(ing)" might just be market price.  Has no one on this site ever taken an econ class?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's looking to get it at the normal price and I don't mean normal jacked up because they're hard to find price. He lives in another state and can't find them, I have about 10 gun shops near me that never have one in stock or they don't even hit the shelves when they do get them in and online prices for the G17 version are easily $100 or more over what it normally costs. He's willing to pay no more than $450 before tax, but because KT can't produce them in any normal capacity, that normal street price is higher than it should be.

MSRP is $409, so paying more than MSRP is because there is not enough of them in dealers hands. Unless a gun is in high demand or is barely produced, store price is always under MSRP. Like I said though, he's willing to pay $450 for the G17 version which is over the MSRP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top