Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2017 12:48:12 PM EDT
Is the P01 the same as the 75, SP01, or any other CZ handgun. I am confused by the number of models they made and the nomenclature they use. Can you still get one in OD? Are they coated in some wort of durable finish or is it simply paint that a holster will wear off the high points in a week? Thanks
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#1]
The P01 is an alloy frame midsize with a rail.
Kinda close to a smaller SP01 I suppose is closest comparison.

I have a P02... P01 with safety vs decocker.  Finish is tough so far, no serious wear on slide or frame... But I only carry it in leather.

OD frames pop up, but they are sporadic.. So buy the first one you see if you want OD.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:06:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The P01 is an alloy frame midsize with a rail.
Kinda close to a smaller SP01 I suppose is closest comparison.

I have a P02... P01 with safety vs decocker.  Finish is tough so far, no serious wear on slide or frame... But I only carry it in leather.

OD frames pop up, but they are sporadic.. So buy the first one you see if you want OD.
View Quote
Thanks. Is the P01 Omega still unobtainium ?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#3]
75D can also be the same as a P-01.  CZ has some wacky ways of doing things sometimes on their model numbers because of overruns of pistol meant for one country then allocated to another.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Local store had a P01 Omega, so not unobtanium...if you check gunbroker there's a few that have popped up recently. Mine was the suppressor-ready "Urban Grey" version, with taller night sights and a threaded barrel.

I need to order some cajun parts for mine. I have a P07 that's slick as hell with CGW parts, and would expect the P01 to be all of that and then some with the same treatment.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I was just looking at an OD green P-01 a few days ago.

I have a PCR which is basically just the P-01 without the rail.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 5:17:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Local store had a P01 Omega, so not unobtanium...if you check gunbroker there's a few that have popped up recently. Mine was the suppressor-ready "Urban Grey" version, with taller night sights and a threaded barrel.

I need to order some cajun parts for mine. I have a P07 that's slick as hell with CGW parts, and would expect the P01 to be all of that and then some with the same treatment.
View Quote
Good to know. My LGS laughed at me when I asked if they could order me an Omega. Said they have been trying to get 1 for 2 years and still havent. One of the guys who works there has already called dibs on the first one they receive  Its a small shop but they looked in the computer and all their distributers have them backordered indefinetly. 
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#7]
75b - full size, safety
75bd - full size, decocker
Sp01 - full size, safety, rail
Sp01 tactical - full size, decocker, rail
75 compact - compact, no rail, safety
Pcr - compact, no rail, decocker
P01 - compact, rail, decocker

Omega models can be swapped between decocker and safety

Some of the above have alloy frames vs steel frames.  I think 75 compact is steel, while p01 and pcr are alloy.  I think all the full-size are steel frame (not sure though, there are variants)

Then you can get into stuff like cz shadows etc.  They have upgraded parts.

P09 is full size polymer frame, omega trigger (decocker or safety), rail
P07 is compact polymer frame, omega trigger, rail

There are also the suppressor ready versions with threaded bbl and suppressor height sights.

P01 is similar to glock 19 size.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 5:40:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was just looking at an OD green P-01 a few days ago.

I have a PCR which is basically just the P-01 without the rail.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up on the PCR. My wife has a P01 that I love but she wont come off it. The PCR looks like it may fit the bill as best possible except the ambi decocker which I can live with. Cajun GW looks to do some great work tuning them as well. So much for a $600 becoming a $1000 gun 
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:41:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
75b - full size, safety
75bd - full size, decocker
Sp01 - full size, safety, rail
Sp01 tactical - full size, decocker, rail
75 compact - compact, no rail, safety
Pcr - compact, no rail, decocker
P01 - compact, rail, decocker

Omega models can be swapped between decocker and safety

Some of the above have alloy frames vs steel frames.  I think 75 compact is steel, while p01 and pcr are alloy.  I think all the full-size are steel frame (not sure though, there are variants)

Then you can get into stuff like cz shadows etc.  They have upgraded parts.

P09 is full size polymer frame, omega trigger (decocker or safety), rail
P07 is compact polymer frame, omega trigger, rail

There are also the suppressor ready versions with threaded bbl and suppressor height sights.

P01 is similar to glock 19 size.
View Quote
There was a run a few months ago of Steel P01s with safety...or, if you prefer, a SP01 Compact with rail. Either way, same end result - P01 frame in steel and thumb safety instead of a decocker.

Almost bought one but the safety was the slim Rami type that was practically flat...I didn't know at the time if they could take a normal sized thumb safety or not, so I passed on it I'm sort of regretting that, but then again I did luck into the P01 Omega so it's not like I'm really missing that much...
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:09:27 AM EDT
[#10]
A P01 has an aluminum frame, not steel, so it's lighter than CZ Compacts with a steel frame.

The P01 also has some grooves cut/cast into the frame on the front and back to help with gripping the pistol better.  The steel framed compacts do not have those grooves.

Yes, CZ makes a lot of different models/variations.

They seem to be very willing to modify one of their models for a large sale to police force or military.

If you want to learn more about CZ's there's a good forum dedicated to CZ guns.  I've learned a lot there.  Members regularly run across odd variants and post pictures, after buying the pistol, and share the pictures on the forum.  

If you get the pistol and want extra magazines, check out the MecGar magazines from Greg Cote, LLC.  MecGar makes the CZ marked magazines.  The difference is the CZ logo on the CZ magazines and another $15 or more dollars added to the price (for the CZ logo, I guess).  I've bought/used a lot of the MecGar magazines and they work fine.

greg cote llc
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I should know better than to read gun forums.  Always end up buying something.  Finally ran into a CZ P01 SDP for sale so it's incoming.  Will update my Comp Tac IWB and start looking for an OWB for it.  Several candidates on the pistol spread sheet from CZ.  Grab a few Mec Gar magazines and I'll be set up with a new CCW replacing the perfectly adequate S&W M&P 9c that's headed to wife's truck.  I'll wait to see how I like the aluminum grips.  Usually like Nills grips.

For those interested in such things here are the alternatives considered:

Browning High Power - Have several.  Perennial favorite especially with a good trigger job.  Just doesn't carry as well as I would like for a CCW.

Sig 229 - Similar function and size.  The SDP version of the P01 will have a better trigger.

Dan Wesson Guardian 9mm - 10 rds is enough but 15 rds is better.  That and, for me, DA/SA is preferable for a CCW though I've shot 1911's and BHP's forever and am comfortable with SA.  Also not sure if it will pack away as nicely as the P01 format.  Still want one of these.  DW makes great stuff.

Plastic striker fire anything - I have worked hard over the years and it's nice to be able to enjoy a few luxuries like well made all metal pistols with good sights and triggers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top