Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2017 8:49:23 PM EDT
I'm looking at getting a midsize handgun on par, in terms of size, with the Glock 23.  I say Glock 23 and not Glock 19 because I am looking at .40 and not 9mm.  The P07 caught my eye almost immediately.  It's the perfect size, hammer fired, and very reliable.  I've shot the 9mm version and loved it.  It's a top contender on my list but, being a higher pressure round, I'm wondering if the .40 version has any issues with reliability or durability as it did in the previous "Duty" model.  From what I've seen, the newest generation of the P07 has worked out all of the previous reliability problems.

If anyone owns the P07 in .40, have you had any issues in the long run? It seems like a beefy enough and well enough engineered gun to hold up to abuse and heavy use.  Please refrain from just saying that I should switch to a 9mm, it will make no difference.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the older DUTY model in .40 S&W.  It is one of the most accurate and reliable handguns I've every owned.

It led me to another CZ - a P09 in 9MM and yet another P09 in .40 S&W.

The only issue I have with CZ P07/P09 guns is the cost of magazines.

I did install night sights on mine at first.  Then I had the slide machined for an RMR and a new rear sight and got the slide cerakoted.  I carry that P07 anytime I'm going shopping, shooting, fishing, etc.

I only shoot two loads in it.  Both reloads.  The "light" load is a Missouri Bullet Co. 140 grain lead bulled on top of 6.5 grains of Herco.  That load shoots to the same POA/POI as my carry load.  A Nosler 135 grain hollow point sitting on top of a just under max. load of Blue Dot.  That one is an ass kicker.  Sounds/feels like a snub nosed .357 magnum.  When I touch it off under the range cover at the pistol range heads turn my way (or at least that's what my sons tell me).

Mine is completely stock inside.  You can get some good parts from CZ Custom or Cajun Gun Works to "slick up" your P07.  I didn't feel like I needed it.  My SA trigger pull is 3&3/4 lbs. and the DA pull is about 8&1/2 lbs.

Good luck with yours.

Oh, a picture of what I carry.  This is after one of the sweaty/hot/humid days here in central VA.

Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#2]
With the P10 magazines becoming the standard of the polymer CZ pistols, the magazine costs should improve here shortly.  It is nice to hear that even a previous duty model held up well enough.  I guess those ones just had somewhat shoddy QC.  Some people loved them and some people absolutely hated them.  Just by looking at the gun itself, it seems beefy and built up enough to handle .40 for a long time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top