Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2017 7:27:34 AM EDT
I've been wandering around this forum for the last few weeks doing a lot of reading and asking questions. Thank you to all that helped.

I landed on a P07 and so far I'm pretty happy. I've only put around 120 rounds through it but they all fed perfectly. It points and shoots great. I think I'm going to stick with the decocker. I probably dry fired it 250 times with a snap-cap and the trigger just got better.

It was the only one I could find any where near me and I had to drive over an hour to get it. It ended up having the two 10 round mags and the sales guy knocked off $20.00 for that. Brought it down to $469.00.

I have two 15 rounders and two P09 mags headed my way. I flinched a little when I saw the prices but I use to own a couple of USP handguns so it wasn't anything new.

Thanks again to all here who helped me figure this out.

Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:48:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I would highly highly suggest purchasing these parts ASAP. Cheap price for an AMAZING difference!

https://cajungunworks.com/product/92030-short-reset-kit/

https://cajungunworks.com/product/hs-15-gold-15-hammer-spring/

https://cajungunworks.com/product/2389/
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#2]
it seems like CGW is a must in the CZ community. I'll be sure to check out the parts linked above.

I do have a question about the factory sights. Both set screws have backed out a couple of times allowing the sights to become loose.

Do most people just apply a little blue loc-tite?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, degrease the threads on the screw and in the sight with some rubbing alcohol and q-tip or two and then a dab of blue Loctite and install/tighten the screws.

I've never had one come loose.  Even when I was installing night sights the front sight was a PITB to get out.  Both of them had to be drive out with a brass punch and hammer.

Now, on my old plastic sighted DUTY P07 the sights were easy to push out.  Different animal.

Good luck with yours.  Since I got my P07 it's been my usual carry piece.  Going out in a few minutes and it'll be under my shirt.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, degrease the threads on the screw and in the sight with some rubbing alcohol and q-tip or two and then a dab of blue Loctite and install/tighten the screws.

I've never had one come loose.  Even when I was installing night sights the front sight was a PITB to get out.  Both of them had to be drive out with a brass punch and hammer.

Now, on my old plastic sighted DUTY P07 the sights were easy to push out.  Different animal.

Good luck with yours.  Since I got my P07 it's been my usual carry piece.  Going out in a few minutes and it'll be under my shirt.
View Quote

Thanks. I'll do what you described with the cleaner and loctite.

Mine (steel sights) actually slides from side to side with no effort with the back sight screw backed out a little.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top