Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Picked mine up tonight.  First impressions are I love the grip but hate the safeties.  Not IDPA legal but where there is a will and a mill there is a way!  
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:26:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Picked mine up tonight.  First impressions are I love the grip but hate the safeties.  Not IDPA legal but where there is a will and a mill there is a way!  
View Quote
What do you hate about them?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:01:18 AM EDT
[#3]
How thin they are.  I'm sites it's something that can be gotten used to but I'm a shadow sized safety guy.   I don't even like the SP-01 sized safety.

A few more notes.  The barrel from my TSO appears to have the same lower profile.   It fits in the slide and on the gun and sticks out.  If a person was looking for a threaded barrel setup that might be a good way to get it.   Have the TSO barrel threaded.  Didn't fire it so it may just have the appearance that it fits but not functional.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:24:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a single action only P226 that I use for competition but I must say the shadow 2 caught my eye. Anyone that has shot both care to weigh in on the comparison?

SAO P226 shoots like a dream and it also serves as my nightstand and truck gun.

Shadow 2 would be for 2 gun and 3 gun only.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:27:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How thin they are.  I'm sites it's something that can be gotten used to but I'm a shadow sized safety guy.   I don't even like the SP-01 sized safety.

A few more notes.  The barrel from my TSO appears to have the same lower profile.   It fits in the slide and on the gun and sticks out.  If a person was looking for a threaded barrel setup that might be a good way to get it.   Have the TSO barrel threaded.  Didn't fire it so it may just have the appearance that it fits but not functional.
View Quote
You should have received an extended safety in the box. It would be in a little baggie.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:10:41 PM EDT
[#6]
The thin safety is because production stage start position is hammer down safety off, first shot is double action unless you take the time to cock it before fireing. The wide left hand safety would be for carry if you wanted to keep it cocked and locked.

Min didn't come with a replacement mag release i thought it was supposed to have two mag releases and two safeties?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:31:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine didnt have replacement mag release either
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#8]
No mag release with mine either.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:28:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You should have received an extended safety in the box. It would be in a little baggie.
View Quote
I did but have not messed with it.   I am waiting on my parts to get here to go SAO with it.   I will install the wider safety then.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:02:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't get it. Why is this gun so in demand and expensive?

Edit
Didn't see the 2nd page in this thread. Competition gun huh. Ballers
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:25:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't get it. Why is this gun so in demand and expensive?

Edit
Didn't see the 2nd page in this thread. Competition gun huh. Ballers
View Quote
You could carry it but it's a heavy SOB.   I think mine is just shy of 3#.   I only shoot IDPA currently and just wanted one since I have a heard of regular shadows.  The same concept with an aluminum frame would be an interesting package.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#12]
My first CZ... this thing is a beast... won't be able to shoot it until the weekend... 

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:45:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My first CZ...
View Quote
Nothing like jumping in with both feet!
Congrats!
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:42:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My first CZ... this thing is a beast... won't be able to shoot it until the weekend... 

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3757/32866833814_4496f1e925_c.jpg
Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic
View Quote
You'll love it. It was my first CZ too and shooting it last weekend was a dream. I can't wait to start shooting USPSA with it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:41:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Like I said, travesty.

You will have bought an exceptionally competitive gun for either production or limited division, depending on your choice. 

Compete!  It's the best thing you'll ever do for your shooting.
View Quote
So much this.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So much this.
View Quote
Word.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Finally got to the range with mine today... this is a pic of the first mag's worth (@ 7y)...

And two mags @ 10y (relatively fast - for me)

Link Posted: 4/6/2017 12:29:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Marginall Posted By jdhill:
Finally got to the range with mine today... this is a pic of the first mag's worth (@ 7y)...

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2926/33394305660_8472f71c31_c.jpg

And two mags @ 10y (relatively fast - for me)

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3943/32966064393_b25b592a17_c.jpg
View Quote
So are ya gonna keep it?
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So are ya gonna keep it?
View Quote
I might...
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I finally got Rob at CZC on the phone. As long as my LGS follows through and sends their FFL, I'll have one on the way as well. 

Anyway, I asked Rob about the "blue" version which is the Nitride version. The "Black" version is polycoat.
He said they received 400 Shadow 2's and 30 were Nitride. Those went first. Not sure when more "blue" ones would be available.

With that info, I was fine with the black, although I prefer the blue grips look wise, the Nitride vs. polycoat is a not important to me.
Maybe I'll be able to buy the blue grips at some point in the future?

"Black" Shadow 2:

http://forums.brianenos.com/uploads/monthly_2017_03/58c084156f7de_91254Shadow2polycoat_DSC2819CZC.jpg.04882cfe4f3a9b364cf5dfa005895e82.jpg

http://forums.brianenos.com/uploads/monthly_2017_03/58c08541f1520_Shadow2adjustablerear_DSC2814LOGO.jpg.f375d4634afba499fea4e2cbc26f5d9e.jpg
View Quote
Wow!

I love the cleanness of the single slot rail
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:32:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks to "you people", I am switching from M&P in the optics division, to the Production Division in USPSA......well...and the rest of the group I shoot with all the time, I am moving over to the CZ platform.

But, I am probably going to go with the Shadow and not the Shadow II.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Thanks to "you people", I am switching from M&P in the optics division, to the Production Division in USPSA......well...and the rest of the group I shoot with all the time, I am moving over to the CZ platform.

But, I am probably going to go with the Shadow and not the Shadow II.
View Quote
Nothing wrong with that! I will admit the Shadow 2 I bought is a little overpriced. @TruckinAR
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:15:12 PM EDT
[#24]
You damned CZ koolaide drinkers and pushers!

I will admit, I bought into the CZ fiasco much easier than I will never buy into the whole Colt crap

CZ is a mighty fine koolaide

Link Posted: 4/13/2017 12:31:13 AM EDT
[#25]
I love this thing

Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Just put in an 11lb recoil spring, 13lb hammer spring, and reduced power firing pin spring from CGW... the hammer spring certainly lightened the DA pull... we will see how it shoots this weekend...
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 9:27:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I finger banged one today.

They had the SP-01 too.

I have shot the Shadow before, It has had a lot of work done to it. 1.2lb on SA, 3.5'ish on double.

So, someone lets me know the LGS has a 2 in....off I go.

Got it in my hand and it felt great. Looked it over, purdy pistol.
Pulled the hammer, then the trigger. Not too shaby, heavy than I was expecting from a comp gun.
Pulled the Double action. Again much heavier than I was expecting.

Reset was tolerable, not fantastic, but not crappy by any means.

Lemme see that SP-01.

ever so slightly heavy on both pulls, and the rest was a wee bit grittier. Not $650 worth of difference.

The 2 is about....maybe 1/4" longer. Bigger beavertail, serrations were nicer on the slide. Sights, of course.
Grips, ext. mag release. 3 mags, Trigger, Trigger guard is a bit different, frame is a cut a bit different. Looking at it, I dont think the slide will swap between the two.

I really dont see where it is worth the $650 more. I dont think the do-dads will make me shoot any better.

I think I am just going to get the SP-01, toss a set of Dawsons on it, polish every bit of trigger items and if that does not do it, I will buy a CGW kit and plop in it.

I will still be ahead close to $300.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:28:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Well....I know by weeks end I will be picking up either one. Still on the fence, but keep leaning towards the 2.

I ordered 3 19rd mags

Looking at holsters at the moment.

I have BladeTech and Comptac now, and would like to use one of those.

however, Shadow 2 is listed nowhere on either site.

Any clue?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:19:53 AM EDT
[#31]
BT has a holster for the S2
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 4:07:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
I can tell you that CompTac does NOT have one for the Shadow 2.
Got that from an email repy
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BT:

Link Posted: 4/22/2017 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone know where there are OWB type leather for SP01? Not for completion just occasional carry? Something easy on the finish!
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:07:29 AM EDT
[#35]
New grips... black was just boring...

Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:19:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
New grips... black was just boring...

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2809/33399935373_a544ca5daa_c.jpg
View Quote
Source?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:10:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Source?
View Quote
Armory Craft
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:55:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Armory Craft
View Quote
Damn he didnt have these when i ordered base plates a few weeks ago ugh.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Damn he didnt have these when i ordered base plates a few weeks ago ugh.
View Quote
He has red, orange, yellow, and gold shown... only red in stock though... they only showed up on the site in the last week or so I think
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

He has red, orange, yellow, and gold shown... only red in stock though... they only showed up on the site in the last week or so I think
View Quote
Wonder why no blue?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Wonder why no blue?
View Quote
They have the blue 75 grips, but not the S2 ones... no idea why
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 6:22:09 AM EDT
[#42]
His reply to my email about the S2 Orange grips:

"CZ Orange grips (of any type or size) are a big unknown factor. I have  several on my current standing order but it doesn't mean anything.

I could get some in 3 weeks, I could get some later this year, and it's also possible that I will never get any orange grips."

The grips are whatever. I already have orange grips and baseplates for my S2 but what i want the most is colored mag release. I saw some Euro website that had Red ones. Id also love to have a colored trigger but i cant convert to SAO for production.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
His reply to my email about the S2 Orange grips:

"CZ Orange grips (of any type or size) are a big unknown factor. I have  several on my current standing order but it doesn't mean anything.

I could get some in 3 weeks, I could get some later this year, and it's also possible that I will never get any orange grips."

The grips are whatever. I already have orange grips and baseplates for my S2 but what i want the most is colored mag release. I saw some Euro website that had Red ones. Id also love to have a colored trigger but i cant convert to SAO for production.
View Quote
Curious, does it fit in the production box with the baseplates?  The +2 baseplates do not appear to...
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:47:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Curious, does it fit in the production box with the baseplates?  The +2 baseplates do not appear to...
View Quote
the S2 wont even fit in the box, out of the box.

its 157 mm tall.

The SP-01 is 147mm and fits.

If they make the Shadow 2 Production legal, then the SP-01 with +2 will be fine.

I am curious as to what they are going to do.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:00:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

the S2 wont even fit in the box, out of the box.

its 157 mm tall.

The SP-01 is 147mm and fits.

If they make the Shadow 2 Production legal, then the SP-01 with +2 will be fine.

I am curious as to what they are going to do.
View Quote
It is too big for IDPA Standard division's 150mm limit, but it fits the USPSA Production 6" limits with the 17 round mag... the +2 is about .25" too much
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 6:42:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wonder why no blue?
CZ-USA has the blue S2 grips listed in the store, but "currently not available". Keeping my eye on them, I really like the look of the blue grips. Purely cosmetic, but why not? 
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#47]
I still need to break her in...

Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#48]
How do you like the wide safety?  I tried it on mine and went back to the thin...
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
How do you like the wide safety?  I tried it on mine and went back to the thin...
View Quote
For my hands and SAO conversion, it's perfect. I tend to like wider ledge safeties though.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 6:52:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
CZ-USA has the blue S2 grips listed in the store, but "currently not available". Keeping my eye on them, I really like the look of the blue grips. Purely cosmetic, but why not? 
View Quote
They now have the purple

https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/40167_Aluminum-Grips-Shadow-2-Purple
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top