Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2016 3:54:49 PM EDT
I am knew to the CZ world, I have been carrying a PCR for almost a year now.

Wondering if the following is a normal CZ deal....

If I have been carrying it for a couple weeks with a round chambered, and I drop the mag and eject the round to clean it, dry fire, etc...

When I drop the mag it feels like it hangs up a tiny bit and it pulls the top round out of the mag...so when I drop the mag, the mag comes out followed by another round that was pulled from the mag, and there is of course still a round left in the chamber that I manually eject with the slide.

Does that make sense?  It is stripping the top round in the mag out and it falls freely out of the mag well when I drop the mag.

Is that a CZ thing?

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Is that a CZ thing?

View Quote

Not in my experience it isn't.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 5:33:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't do that on my P01 or my wife's CZ 75 Compact.  

Nor does it happen on any of my other CZs of different models/sizes/calibers.  But the first two are very nearly the same as your pistol.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#3]
My P-01 will allow the top round to slide forward and hang up a bit when removing the magazine.

It's never completely stripped a round though.
I also have some other non-CZ autos that do the same thing as my P-01
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#4]
My P0-1  was doing this, and occasionally double feeding. Heavier magazine springs cured it of both problems.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Slap the back of the mag in the palm of your hand or on you leg before loading up.  You may not be seating all the rounds.  My Walther PPS rags round number two when loading up but never has dislodged.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 10:47:39 AM EDT
[#6]
My P-01 does this mostly with a mag of snap caps. With carry ammo it starts to strip a live round but it does not come out of the mag.

I don't consider it a problem and my gun has not malfunctioned so all's good.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Thx for replies, I have since googled it, and looks like it is somewhat common with certain guns from several makers.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 1:52:43 PM EDT
[#8]
It has happened to me with my full size CZ75B on occasion.

The longer I carry the pistol, the more likely it becomes. The top round seems to slide forward a bit overtime and eventually gets far enough forward to hang up and get popped loose on mag removal.

I've gotten into the habit of dropping my mag and checking the top round daily as I holster my pistol, I've done that for years now and haven't seen the top round pop loose since I got into that habit.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 6:18:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My P0-1  was doing this, and occasionally double feeding. Heavier magazine springs cured it of both problems.
View Quote

This sounds like a logical cure that maybe OP should try? I'd be curious of the results.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:59:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I've never had it happen. My SP-01 Tac has been trouble free.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:47:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that a CZ thing?

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:31:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Slap the back of the mag in the palm of your hand or on you leg before loading up.  You may not be seating all the rounds.  My Walther PPS rags round number two when loading up but never has dislodged.
View Quote

My PPS only doea that when I do a press check. Never noticed it on my P-09.

OP, do you press check?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

OP, do you press check?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP, do you press check?

I usually don't, I just run my hand down the top of the slide and feel the loaded chamber indicator.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:03:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It has happened to me with my full size CZ75B on occasion.

The longer I carry the pistol, the more likely it becomes. The top round seems to slide forward a bit overtime and eventually gets far enough forward to hang up and get popped loose on mag removal.

I've gotten into the habit of dropping my mag and checking the top round daily as I holster my pistol, I've done that for years now and haven't seen the top round pop loose since I got into that habit.
View Quote

Why? Do you shoot that much during your day?
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#15]
My P09 was doing the same, I was also get failure to ejects pretty frequently.  Apparently the leading edge of the slide catches on the top round of the magazine and can drag it forward.  Read somewhere to put a slight bevel on the leading edge of the bottom of the slide, where it contacts the top round.  Took some very fine sandpaper to that spot and it cured the FTEs and the top round drags forward very little to none at all now.  I didn't hit it hard with the sandpaper.

I also very lightly hit the entire length of center part of the slide with the side paper at the same time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top