Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2016 9:25:27 AM EDT
Hey guys, remember this thread? The one where I had this great and grand idea and then I ran shy on temporal resources?

Well if you don't I'll recap:

Soon after my exwife and I split, I bought this from CDI sales:

It was quite nice and very reasonably priced. Made in 1995, so it's a "transitional": Frame with the squared trigger guard, rounded hammer, but no Firing Pin block. Not quite a "B" but not a "classic/A" either. It was unloved and holster worn but it worked just fine. I decided that I would take this unloved thing and it would serve as a metaphor for all of the changes in my life.

I bought a blasting cabinet and a Caswell Electroless Nickel kit and took her apart for a detail cleaning:

And there it sat. Tried to do a sandblast and it didn't work out great. Got my blasting cabinet set up and fell madly in love and got married and work got busy and life just sort of happened at me and this guy languished. Then my beautiful wife, us married not even a year, got cancer. Almost emergency surgery, I've gutted deer with smaller incisions than she had. Terrifying. Her cancer was rare, treatable with surgery, and thank God she should be ok now (with quarterly visits to her new best friend, the oncologist) but I resolved to stop being such a lazyass about things I wanted to do. Life is short, and uncertain.

So anyway last night I said screw it, I'm not gonna sleep until this frame and slide are done, dammit.

So:

BAM! Still tons to do. Gotta buy the CGW hammer and adjustable sear, all new springs, and a new drop-free brake (my old brake broke on the way out). Also need to pick up some sights, I'm all ears for recommendations.

I'm very pleased with how it turned out, although I went overboard with the plating and now will likely have some fitting to do on the frame/slide and controls. I'm ok with that, though...better too much than not enough, amirite?
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Glad to hear your wife is doing better.

Pistol looks cool! Curious to see what it turns out like. I often wish I could find a good deal on a beat up CZ to refinish like this.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#2]
IN!

Looking good cannot wait for the results.

OH and FUCK CANCER!  Good to hear she is doing better.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice!!  I keep thinking I need a project gun to do that with.  Maybe I should just "do it".  Inspiration you are!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top