Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2016 11:58:14 AM EDT
Thinking hard about this one but would like to see one in person first.  Local shop got a blem model but it sold in one day before I could swing by and look at it

Wondering how it compares to the czechmate.  Czechmate is only about 1100 more but includes the scope mount, red dot, compensated and non compensated barrels, and a big magazine.

Link Posted: 10/9/2016 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#1]
It's essentially a czechmate without the additional 1100 bucks worth of extra stuff you mentioned.  If you want those extras or plan on competing in open, get the czechmate. If you don't want the extra stuff or never plan on shooting open, get the ts orange. Trigger will be the same, grip is the same (though checkering styles differ) fit and finish will be the same, and they both will likely shoot just as well as the other.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:23:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Well.... I just bought one 10 minutes ago so I'll let you know when it arrives!
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:21:12 PM EDT
[#3]
God damn.... Yeah, it's pretty nice.  It's a significant improvement from the standard TS with the Czechmate frame geometry.

If you can find one, buy one:

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:27:05 PM EDT
[#4]
NOICE!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Ran a couple or drills with it after a match today....It's a huge step up from my Shadow Target II, and a definite improvement over a standard TS.  This thing is FAST.

Also?  Bang'in steel at 100-150 meters is no sweat as the longer sight radius and clean trigger help.  That's one of the big things I wanted it for as a 3-Gun piece.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I really, really want one of those.......but I'm not sure it is going to happen (due to availability over the next few months).

If I run into one I'll buy it, but it is more likely that I will end up buying a Shadow and converting to SA.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 9:03:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really, really want one of those.......but I'm not sure it is going to happen (due to availability over the next few months).

If I run into one I'll buy it, but it is more likely that I will end up buying a Shadow and converting to SA.
View Quote

I did that with my Shadow Tac II (my primary IDPA gun) and it completly transformed the pistol.  The flat blade trigger now indexes the pad of my trigger finger perfectly and the short reset makes 0.15-ish second shot splits a breeze.  Granted, it took some getting used to as I'd come up to get on target and end up cranking off a round a split second too early before I was aligned, but once I did I was just slay'in the down zero's.  That change alone probably bought me an average of 3-5 points over the course of a match.

That being said... If it's a race gun, it's a great upgrade.  I wouldn't put it on my carry gun unless I was shooting it a LOT.  I just know how I react when I'm taking fire and I think it might be a little too light unless you're shooting it so much it's second nature to you.  I'm burning close to 2k rounds a month and feel pretty good about it, but honestly if I took a couple of weeks off I wouldn't carry it.  I generally carry a G19 anyways.

But, your mileage may vary.

The actual upgrade is doable with standard tools, basic mechanical skills, and a youtube video.  It's one of those things that is frustrating as hell at first, and takes like an hour.... But then when you're done it seems relativly easy and you realize you could do it again in like 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I did that with my Shadow Tac II (my primary IDPA gun) and it completly transformed the pistol.  The flat blade trigger now indexes the pad of my trigger finger perfectly and the short reset makes 0.15-ish second shot splits a breeze.  Granted, it took some getting used to as I'd come up to get on target and end up cranking off a round a split second too early before I was aligned, but once I did I was just slay'in the down zero's.  That change alone probably bought me an average of 3-5 points over the course of a match.

That being said... If it's a race gun, it's a great upgrade.  I wouldn't put it on my carry gun unless I was shooting it a LOT.  I just know how I react when I'm taking fire and I think it might be a little too light unless you're shooting it so much it's second nature to you.  I'm burning close to 2k rounds a month and feel pretty good about it, but honestly if I took a couple of weeks off I wouldn't carry it.  I generally carry a G19 anyways.

The actual upgrade is doable with standard tools, basic mechanical skills, and a youtube video.  It's one of those things that is frustrating as hell at first, and takes like an hour.... But then when you're done it seems relativly easy and you realize you could do it again in like 15 minutes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will be a race/fun gun. I carry a G26 or G19 as well.

I shot a couple of matches a few years ago with a box stock .40 TS and liked it, with one exception. Having shot a production G34 for a few years, the additional weight and length of the TS felt really lethargic on transitions.

How are you liking the thumb rest?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 7:54:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Is the availability of these supposed to get better in the next few months?  I'm looking into getting a new TS but this gun is on the radar.  Will probably have the funding for the full load out to compete in USPSA, IDPA in 6 months or so.  I need the whole shebang.  Gun, lots of ammo, holster and extra mag carriers (5 or 6).  For those that run 75 TS's what holsters are you using?  This will be a dedicated competition gun/range plinker and I usually carry a XD sub or P229R.  Any thoughts on 9mm vs 40 for the TS?  All of my pistols are 40, 45 (1911 fan) or 44 mag (hunting pistol).  I would like to keep "consistency of caliber" for convenience issues but would be willing to ponder the TS in 9mm
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is the availability of these supposed to get better in the next few months?
View Quote

I think one could write an interesting thesis, trying to model the predictive market cycles of CZ's.
I'm sure there would be some interesting algorithms developed around "predictive supply" that would relate more to Chaos Theory then market economics!

In short, who knows?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I checked with 2 gun stores yesterday.  They both laughed at me.  The owner of the second store said he has a standing order for 1 of EVERY CZ pistol in with his suppliers.  That order has been in for 9 months.  They cant even get SP-01 or any 75's.  I've really got a bug up my ass for this 75 TS Orange.  It's most definitely a "I want it gun" more than a "I need it gun", but damn I want it soon......
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 2:01:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's a significant improvement from the standard TS with the Czechmate frame geometry.
View Quote

Does that mean it has a grip reduction?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:26:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a significant improvement from the standard TS with the Czechmate frame geometry.

I believe so.... The beaver tail and trigger guard are undercut to allow for a higher grip on the frame.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:48:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is the availability of these supposed to get better in the next few months?  I'm looking into getting a new TS but this gun is on the radar.  Will probably have the funding for the full load out to compete in USPSA, IDPA in 6 months or so.  I need the whole shebang.  Gun, lots of ammo, holster and extra mag carriers (5 or 6).  For those that run 75 TS's what holsters are you using?  This will be a dedicated competition gun/range plinker and I usually carry a XD sub or P229R.  Any thoughts on 9mm vs 40 for the TS?  All of my pistols are 40, 45 (1911 fan) or 44 mag (hunting pistol).  I would like to keep "consistency of caliber" for convenience issues but would be willing to ponder the TS in 9mm
View Quote

If you want to run it in USPSA and you're looking at a standard TS, I'd definitly go .40 so that you'll be running major.  Ideally, I wanted a .40, but the Orange is hard enough to get so I jumped on whatever I could find.  I'll have the CZ Custom shop build me a fitted .40 top end in the spring.  Primarily, I wanted it for 3-Gun where power factor isn't an issue and high capacity shines.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:40:08 AM EDT
[#15]
High capacity......pfffffft.  I'm in NY so 10 rounders for me

I do shoot with my brother in other more lenient states than mine, so I do see your point.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 5:21:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Had to bump this.  I got the cash and it's burning a hole in my pocket and I can't find this damn gun anywhere.  Local shops are still on "holding patterns" with CZ suppliers.  Anyone know where I can procure on of these bad boys????
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Mine just came in from Riflegear.  I was on the notification email forever.  Feels great and glass like smooth.  Trigger is very light and crisp. Taking her out Saturday for a run . Plan to contrast and compare to my SP01 Orange.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 9:03:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Mine just came in from Riflegear.  I was on the notification email forever.  Feels great and glass like smooth.  Trigger is very light and crisp. Taking her out Saturday for a run . Plan to contrast and compare to my SP01 Orange.
View Quote

I don't imagine your SP01 will be getting much trigger time after Saturday.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:43:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If only my TSO was legal for all the competitive venues I shoot in.... I ran an IDPA stage with the TSO after I ran it with my Shadow Tac II just for giggles the other day.  Now, I won the match outright with the Tac II and handily took first in that stage, but I still beat my own time by close to nine seconds and ran it down zero.

This is a very fast pistol, indeed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:12:17 PM EDT
[#20]
OK. I finally plunked down change and the first one into the shop is mine. Still no idea when it will get in.  Compounding the problem is that my Nanny state only allows 10 round magazines.  This makes it even more difficult for CZ to fulfill the order.  It was good to see that some are finally receiving their guns.

For those that are running IDPA and USPSA what holsters are you guys using?  I have galcos, Serpas and a crossbreed for my CCW but am kind of in the dark about "competition" style holsters.  I have carte Blanche from the Mrs. to get fully outfitted.  I expect I'll be getting a new looper belt, 6 spare mags, mag carriers and the holster as well as a couple thousand rounds to learn how to shoot this thing competently.  Hell I may even upgrade to a Dillion 650 instead of the RCBS single stage too.  The Christmas bonus this year was pretty nice .  So for those that run this what kind of holsters and mag carriers do you use?  And thanks in advance for helping a noobie out!
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 1:13:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
OK. I finally plunked down change and the first one into the shop is mine. Still no idea when it will get in.  Compounding the problem is that my Nanny state only allows 10 round magazines.  This makes it even more difficult for CZ to fulfill the order.  It was good to see that some are finally receiving their guns.

For those that are running IDPA and USPSA what holsters are you guys using?  I have galcos, Serpas and a crossbreed for my CCW but am kind of in the dark about "competition" style holsters.  I have carte Blanche from the Mrs. to get fully outfitted.  I expect I'll be getting a new looper belt, 6 spare mags, mag carriers and the holster as well as a couple thousand rounds to learn how to shoot this thing competently.  Hell I may even upgrade to a Dillion 650 instead of the RCBS single stage too.  The Christmas bonus this year was pretty nice .  So for those that run this what kind of holsters and mag carriers do you use?  And thanks in advance for helping a noobie out!
View Quote

First, it's WAY illegal for IDPA.  Like, there's nothing legal about it... Not even a little bit.

However, due to the gas pedal, it's impossible to run a conventional holster and you'll need a full-up race holster.  I run a Ghost "The One" with Ghost mag carriers for USPSA and 3-Gun and I love it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#22]
I've fondled.  Sorta want.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 5:10:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

First, it's WAY illegal for IDPA.  Like, there's nothing legal about it... Not even a little bit.

However, due to the gas pedal, it's impossible to run a conventional holster and you'll need a full-up race holster.  I run a Ghost "The One" with Ghost mag carriers for USPSA and 3-Gun and I love it.
View Quote

I also run a Ghost holster and Ghost mag pouches.  Works out very nice.  Also use a Blade Tech inner/outer belt setup.  

I'm curious what you said that the TS Orange has a different frame geometry than the normal Tact Sport?  I have the standard TS but changed out the wood grips for thin aluminum and added a magwell.  Added a metal trigger and fiber sight.  From the factory mine came with a 1.75lb trigger pull.  It's unbelievable.  I love it.  

Just ordered a few different recoil springs to try.  I do reload so I'll be experimenting with different bullet weights plus+ recoil spring weights to find what's the best feeling for lightest recoil. Have you tried any different springs yet?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I also run a Ghost holster and Ghost mag pouches.  Works out very nice.  Also use a Blade Tech inner/outer belt setup.  

I'm curious what you said that the TS Orange has a different frame geometry than the normal Tact Sport?  I have the standard TS but changed out the wood grips for thin aluminum and added a magwell.  Added a metal trigger and fiber sight.  From the factory mine came with a 1.75lb trigger pull.  It's unbelievable.  I love it.  

Just ordered a few different recoil springs to try.  I do reload so I'll be experimenting with different bullet weights plus+ recoil spring weights to find what's the best feeling for lightest recoil. Have you tried any different springs yet?  Thanks!
View Quote

Compared to a standard Tactical Sport, the TSO has a frame reduction under the triggerguard and beaver tail - a la Czechmate - to enable your hand to get higher on the gun and closer to the bore axis.

If you look at the difference between the Shadow and Shadow 2 frame geometry, it's the same thing.

To me, at least, there's a noticeable difference in muzzle rise and controllability.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top