Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2016 10:32:03 AM EDT
I currently have no 9mm pistol host or CZ pistols (besides Scorpion Evo, which I love), looking to fix that with my next purchase!

Gun will be shot almost entirely suppressed I'm sure, and may end up on the nightstand with a can and light after a while. No plans to carry either option.

I originally was set on the P-09 but now I'm wondering if I should go SP-01.

Pros and Cons (that I know of):

P-09

Cheaper

Lighter

More capacity

Convertible FCG

Expensive mags

SP-01

Much cheaper/common mags

Probably less recoil and more balanced with can?

More expensive

Heavier

Less capacity

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:16:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a P09 9MM and a P01, not the SP01.

The P09 recoil isn't bad at all.  The first time I fired it was right after firing my M&P .357 SIG.  I knew the P09 was going off but it felt like a fricking .22 or something after shooting the .357 SIG M&P.

The P01 (urban gray model) feels real good in my hand.  So far, it is not as accurate as the P09 though.

The mags for the P01 are about 1/2 the prices of the P09 magazines when you catch them on sale.  I got some +2 extenders from CZ USA, bought some 16 round (full size) magazines and now have several 18 round mags. for the P01.  Those +2's won't work on the full size guns due to the lip on the +2 sticking up over the bottom of the magazine.  

I would think the weight of a suppressor hanging off the barrel would reduce recoil even further.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:16:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 6:05:01 PM EDT
[#3]
SP-01 and swap in a CZ custom SAO trigger.

Best of everything that way.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 6:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was looking at the same choice and went with SP-01. Glad I did. Have you actually found a Grey on in stock? I think they are all sold out  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I currently have no 9mm pistol host or CZ pistols (besides Scorpion Evo, which I love), looking to fix that with my next purchase!
Gun will be shot almost entirely suppressed I'm sure, and may end up on the nightstand with a can and light after a while. No plans to carry either option.
I originally was set on the P-09 but now I'm wondering if I should go SP-01.
Pros and Cons (that I know of):
P-09

Cheaper

Lighter

More capacity

Convertible FCG
Expensive mags
SP-01

Much cheaper/common mags

Probably less recoil and more balanced with can?
More expensive

Heavier

Less capacity
Was looking at the same choice and went with SP-01. Glad I did. Have you actually found a Grey on in stock? I think they are all sold out  

I was in OKC a month or so back and Cold Hand Arms had a Blue Label one that I stupidly passed on thinking I'd wait for the P-09, should have grabbed it looking back. They had a UG SR P-07 and SP-01, held both, had cash in my pocket, and still left empty handed.

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:08:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The suppressor ready ones are the Tactical model (decocker) so can't do SAO conversion. CGW's pro package gives it an awesome trigger though  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

SP-01 and swap in a CZ custom SAO trigger.

Best of everything that way.
The suppressor ready ones are the Tactical model (decocker) so can't do SAO conversion. CGW's pro package gives it an awesome trigger though  

I don't mind SA/DA anyway, at least on my FNX-45T.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top