Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2016 8:37:54 PM EDT
I bought my 75 SAO Shadow a couple of years  ago from the custom shop and only shot it a couple of times. I really got into 22's and just didn't shoot it at all up until a few weeks ago. I've had some time on my hands here lately, so I decided to take it out and have put 500 rds through it in just 3 outings. I've carried several other pistols with me each time, and when I transition to my stock 75b or my Shield  they just feel terrible. I really don't want to even shoot my other pistols now.... The 75 Shadow is just as, and maybe even more accurate than my MK II with a VQ trigger. 50 yd off hand semi rapid fire shots on my 6" gong are damn easy with it, I'm talking 0 misses in a 19 rd mag. Well I decided I have to have another one (because you always have to have a backup ) and wouldn't you know it's out of stock.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:15:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I feel you... I run a Shadow TAC II with a SAO conversion in competitions and it's incredible.  Hits on steel at 100 meters in 3-Gun isn't an issue.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 7:08:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a CZ 75 SA a couple of weeks ago.  We went shooting Saturday and of course we took it to shoot.  We ran 115 grain FMJ, 115 grain hollow points and 147 grain hollow points through it.  It was flawless in function.

Accuracy wise it impressed my youngest son so much that I believe it will soon be his.  He's offered to buy it off me as soon as I'll part with it (hey, he's my son).  I let him take it home and clean it and keep it.  His first four shots ended up with three shots (#2, #3, #4) all tore a nickel sized hole.  His first shot was about an inch low/left of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th shot.

The trigger, at first, wasn't anything special.  I tore it down, cleaned it and lubed it prior to that first range session.  During the time at the range the trigger got better.

I can see why people like them
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 3:09:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, ordered mine from the Custom Shop with target hammer and trigger and sights installed.
The only thing any better is a tuned STI.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 11:02:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't have a Shadow, but my CZ 75 SAO is pretty much the only pistol I ever shoot anymore, and it's been that way for many years now. 99% of the time I'm shooting it with a Kadet these days. I bet I haven't had the 9mm slide on it in a year or two. I like the pistol so much, I bought two more about two years ago and have yet to shoot them.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't have a Shadow, but my CZ 75 SAO is pretty much the only pistol I ever shoot anymore, and it's been that way for many years now. 99% of the time I'm shooting it with a Kadet these days. I bet I haven't had the 9mm slide on it in a year or two. I like the pistol so much, I bought two more about two years ago and have yet to shoot them.

View Quote

Any issues with a Kadet on the SAO?  Clearly it works, but did you have to do anything special to get it to run?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Any issues with a Kadet on the SAO?  Clearly it works, but did you have to do anything special to get it to run?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, no issues and didn't need to do anything special.

I have numerous Kadet kits as well. The first one I bought around the time I bought my first 75 SAO, in 2007. I bought the 75 planning to shoot USPSA, and I bought the Kadet purely for cheap practice; my expectations of the Kadet were honestly pretty low. I figured being it was a conversion on a pistol that wasn't designed from the ground up as a rimfire, it would probably be a little finicky. My go-to rimfire pistol at the time I bought it was a Kimber Rimfire Target. After a few range trips with the Kadet, I was pretty much ready to sell the Kimber. The Kadet really surprised me a lot in terms of both accuracy and reliability.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 4:57:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the 75 Shadow SAO.
I had to add a 19lb hammer spring for it to
Set off rimfire ammo reliably.
Factory was 13lb.
Amazing gun.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 8:08:07 AM EDT
[#8]
How does it run with subsonic ammo?  Like cci subs at 1070-1080 fps?  

I'd like to get a threaded barrel version, can't find it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#9]
The Kadet will run fine on any frame with a 17# or higher hammer spring.  It will run subsonic ammo if the ammo isn't too cold.  In the winter, I have to either keep the ammo warm or run hotter loaded ammo.  I have 45k rounds through a Kadet on a standard 75B SA/DA frame.  I also have a Ruger 22/45 with Volquartsen parts and I shoot the Kadet in bullseye matches simply because it is as accurate and feeds 100% compared to the Ruger.  I was testing a new batch of ammo last week and this is how it grouped at 50 yards from a forearm rest.

Joe
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 4:25:01 PM EDT
[#10]
My mother in law has a 75B Single Action only she bought as her first pistol a year ago after trying 10 other pistols beforehand. She chose the 75BSA over everything. I shot it once and sold all but (1) of my M&P's, Glocks, and even my Springfield to get into the CZ platform. I got a P-01 and never looked back. Next I got a 97B that I can and do run SAO 95% of the time. Both pistols are so easy to shoot well. Then I got an SP-01 in July... Damn, the trigger is so good out of the box and gets better every 500 rounds. I have no plans on upgrading the trigger since it's so crisp. It will only get better with time.

However, I still have a jonesing for a 75B Single Action Only... It will be our next range/Home Defense pistol...
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:18:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a SAO and all the Cajun parts to "upgrade" it.   Gotta find the time.  

Now I must find a threaded Kadet!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top