Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2016 3:19:45 PM EDT
So I stopped by Defender Outdoors in Ft. Worth since I was in the area.

Wanted to see if they had a CZ75B or CZ85B.
Was still trying to decide if I was getting a CZ75B or
one of the used BHPs on Gunbroker.

No CZ75 or 85 but they did have a lot of CZs.

Took a long look at the P09 and decided to go with that
since I might use it to play some USPSA later. And it's not too
big to carry under a tacky Hawaiian shirt .

I'm already planning to get a fiber optic front sight.

What other go fast parts do ya'll run on your P09s?

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Currently, the only mods on my P09 are Dawson sights. Red FO front, all black rear. Sight acquisition is awesome for my vision. Eventually, I'll probably do some trigger work, but I'm in no rush as it feels good as is and makes for an awesome suppressor host. I have an SP01 as well, but that's all stock aside from grips.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 2:50:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Cajun Gun Works pro kit with short reset.  I did all that on my P07, and added a threaded barrel as well.  Its a whole new gun when those parts are installed and settled in a bit.  Mine will put the whole mag through one hole at 21ft.  It makes me look way better than I am.  If I really do my part, because of the super nice SA trigger pull, I can get 4 out of 5 on my business card at 20yds.  Stock sights.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 7:57:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Dawson sights

Cajun Gun Works trigger kit

https://cajungunworks.com/product/p-07-p-09-pro-grade-package/

Link Posted: 8/13/2016 8:03:19 AM EDT
[#4]
The only thing I've added to my P09 9MM is an RMR.  The single action trigger pull is about 3&3/4 lbs. and crisp.  It stops when the firing pin block is up and the next little move/pull it goes bang.

Oh, I also had Primary Machine cerakote the slide and install taller BUIS on it, just in case the RMR had issues at some point.  Oh, put a light on it, too.

Link Posted: 8/13/2016 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I really like the P09 but I'm bummed that the manual safety
is difficult to reach with my stubby thumbs.

Any aftermarket or DIY fixes for this.

I've looked and don't see an extended safety for sale anywhere.

The one I purchased had the decocker installed when I checked it out
but I was hoping the manual safety was going to be easier to reach.

Wish I'd spent more time with it at the store.

Might sell it now
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 2:37:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a P-09 w/ night sights at the same time my brother-in-law bought an SP-01.  I felt pretty good about my purchase until I pulled his trigger - so much better.  So I went and put in the Cajun Gun Works pro kit myself and my P-09 kicks his SP-01's ass now - it's really a phenomenal trigger.

I also didn't find the grips sticky enough for my sweaty hands and put on some Talon Grips.  HUGE difference.

Also rocking extended magazines from CZ Custom.  22+1 capacity and within the 140mm limitation for competition.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a P-09 w/ night sights at the same time my brother-in-law bought an SP-01.  I felt pretty good about my purchase until I pulled his trigger - so much better.  So I went and put in the Cajun Gun Works pro kit myself and my P-09 kicks his SP-01's ass now - it's really a phenomenal trigger.

I also didn't find the grips sticky enough for my sweaty hands and put on some Talon Grips.  HUGE difference.

Also rocking extended magazines from CZ Custom.  22+1 capacity and within the 140mm limitation for competition.
View Quote

I'm considering getting that trigger setup in the near future myself. Any pics of yours with the Talon grips? I feel the gun could use a bit more grip as well. I was considering ordering grip tape from CZ Custom.

I have an SP01 as well as the P09, and feel it may be better for competition but given how my P09 is an amazing suppressor host, I shoot it more.

ETA: Did you get high or low grips?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top