Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2016 10:34:54 PM EDT
I installed a pro-package in my 75BD Police and was extremely happy with the improved trigger and reset. Well this weekend while shooting an IDPA match I had two failure to fires with light primer strikes.plus one more from before so three failure to fires out of probably 350-400 rounds.

I assumed it was too light a hammer spring since I was using federal white box with fairly hard primers and so I called them to see about getting the next weight up. Well...they informed me that it was likely the firing pin block being out of time slightly. Then they told me to send in the slide and they would fix it and send it back out in just a day or two free of charge.

Wait a minute I said, I didn't have you guys install it I did it myself. "We don't care send it in anyway and we will fix it". And so, I will. As well I will have them put on some target style sights.

That my friend is how you earn a customer for life and a great reputation. What they don't know is that I work in a gun shop on weekends, have lots of contact with the firearms community, and talk to tons of people about what I shoot and like. You can bet that Cajun Gun Works is going to be introduced to many a person in the near future.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 11:13:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Where are they located?
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 11:16:18 PM EDT
[#2]
West Monroe, LA. But I believe the probably do more mail order than anything if I was going to guess. They specialize in CZs and their improvements are amazing.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 1:48:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Got a replacement trigger pin for my Pre B from them.

Twice the price of the factory CZ part. But well worth it. A much better design than the stock part made out of superior materials.

I look forward to doing more business with them in the future.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 2:21:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a few year old CGW EZ drift sight break in the thinnest spot. I emailed David on the weekend about it. I received a very prompt response in a few hours that they redesigned the rear sight to be beefier and to stop that from happening again. Asked for my mailing address and a new rear was in the mail free of charge Monday morning. Quickly responding to customer emails even on weekends! David also freely gives advice on some other forums about tuning up CZ's as well. He has a guide on the CZ forums about polishing/smoothing the action on a CZ. It is a step by step guide with pictures on how to do it yourself. Basically giving away his "trade secrets" for free to anyone that wants to give it a go at improving their CZ themselves . I guess that is why I have 5 CZ's now with some to a lot of CGW parts in each.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 3:05:19 AM EDT
[#5]
David is the best!! I called him a bunch when I was having trouble installing a basic kit on my SP-01 and PCR. He helped me out every time. He also ships quickly and has reasonable prices. His Ultra-Lite Firing Pin Kit for $44 turns a CZ into a fine weapon right out of the box. One of these days I'll get the full Defensive Carry Package on my SP-01.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 6:04:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I've not had work done by them but I've ordered parts and they ship very quickly.  I get what I order from them faster than from other parts dealers.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 9:45:46 AM EDT
[#7]
He is awesome.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 3:44:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I've only orders parts from them but they always ship quickly.

Good to know they value their customers so much.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a few year old CGW EZ drift sight break in the thinnest spot. I emailed David on the weekend about it. I received a very prompt response in a few hours that they redesigned the rear sight to be beefier and to stop that from happening again. Asked for my mailing address and a new rear was in the mail free of charge Monday morning. Quickly responding to customer emails even on weekends! David also freely gives advice on some other forums about tuning up CZ's as well. He has a guide on the CZ forums about polishing/smoothing the action on a CZ. It is a step by step guide with pictures on how to do it yourself. Basically giving away his "trade secrets" for free to anyone that wants to give it a go at improving their CZ themselves . I guess that is why I have 5 CZ's now with some to a lot of CGW parts in each.
View Quote

Would you be able to PM me a link to this? I haven't been able to find anything, but I feel that'd be good info to have.

ETA: I'm an idiot. Found it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 10:54:49 PM EDT
[#10]
They are great.  I have bought parts for both my CZ's and done my own trigger jobs from David's tutorials on the CZ forum.  You can't beat the quality of their parts.  All their stuff is top notch...
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 1:09:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Would you be able to PM me a link to this? I haven't been able to find anything, but I feel that'd be good info to have.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just in case anyone else can't find the link, http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=42537.msg239405#msg239405

Link Posted: 8/10/2016 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I recently bought a 97B with the intent of having it Cajunized in the not too distant future.

Also have a 75B that will be getting their treatment. But need to wait for mom to give it back to me. (Father died 3 years ago and mom can't work a long gun very well. She shot my CZ well, so she got it.)
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 12:37:29 AM EDT
[#13]
David is simply the best. I ordered a pro package for my SP-01 and installed it myself. I had a couple light primer strikes so I called. David answered and walked me though trouble shooting. We spent about 15 minutes on the phone talking about what it could be. Turns out, he, not I, figures out my primers were being set a little too high. Sure enough, he was right.

David and his team at CGW are simply the best. No questions asked. I will be a lifetime customer. Not to mention, their products rock! 5lb DA/ 2.5-3lb SA.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Great news OP.....it really isn't a secret how to run a company.  Offer exceptional services, and even better customer service and you will be the leader in your industry.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 6:13:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 9:13:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Doesn't surprise me at all.
Good guy
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 11:21:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Great news OP.....it really isn't a secret how to run a company.  Offer exceptional services, and even better customer service and you will be the leader in your industry.
View Quote

Yea, I am pretty sure it wasn't a secret I discovered as much as I wanted other folks to know, especially the ones in this thread who haven't heard of them before. Returning the favor, as you will.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 2:46:39 AM EDT
[#19]
I got my gunsmith hooked on CZ's after I did my P07 with CGW parts.  He went out and found a Tristar P120 (SP01 clone) and then a Rami shortly thereafter, and tuned them both up.  Now those guns get fondled and shot by our customers as much as by him, and he does a LOT of CZ tuneups, all with CGW parts.  As a dealer I get a break on pricing, which in a world of percentages makes it possible to offer up these services, and its become a big part of my gunsmithing revenue.

Only thing that kinda sucks is that he doesn't make HK parts.  I want a P30SK, but why bother when a tuned up Rami BD is the same price and has an infinitely better trigger?
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#20]
+1 For David and CGW. I have a P-07 and P-09 both from there and they are exceptional.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 11:18:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Which sights?
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 2:34:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Anyone know the current turn around time if i were to send my SP-01 in to get a pro package installed?
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Have never read a negative review for CGW.  David knows CZs for sure. Superb parts and service.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:21:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Have never read a negative review for CGW.  David knows CZs for sure. Superb parts and service.
View Quote

I wish he would write a CZ service Manual ala Jerry Kuhnhausen. I'd pay dearly for a thorough CZ manual like the 1911 ones.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top