Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2016 7:35:07 AM EDT
Got to play around with a P01 Omega at the gunshop and I really like the new trigger.  I also don't mind the urban gray color in person vs. what I saw online.

Anyway, I was really looking for another full size 9mm suppressor host pistol and was wondering if anyone has heard anything about a possible Omega upgrade to the SP-01 line.

I currently have a standard SP-01 Tactical and my brother and father both have P-01's so I'm very familiar with this line.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:31:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I really hope not.

After owning a few very nice custom shop Shadows, I made the mistake of buying an Omega. What a piece of shit compared to the standard CZ.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really hope not.

After owning a few very nice custom shop Shadows, I made the mistake of buying an Omega. What a piece of shit compared to the standard CZ.
View Quote

Agree, it wouldn't be an upgrade, it would be a downgrade.  You can do a lot to make the regular CZ trigger absolutely wonderful.  While the Omega is marginally better out of the box, there is not a lot you can do to make it better.  Plus I don't believe it is as durable.  JMHO from owning several different models.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:42:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Then I'll probably just send mine in to cgw for some trigger work and look for a suppressor ready sp01.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:20:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I really hope not.

View Quote

Custom shop shadows were the "standard cz?"
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:55:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Then I'll probably just send mine in to cgw for some trigger work and look for a suppressor ready sp01.
View Quote

I'm only marginally competent with tools (lol) and I did my own trigger job on my SP-01 and a BD Police model.  Bought the parts from Cajun.  Watch a few YouTube videos and check out the CZ Forum.  They are not hard to work on.  If you have a decocker version, buy the slave pin for the sear cage.  Makes it easy to remove if you don't want to completely dissemble it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:45:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, not really the point of the SP line.

You can either fit a threaded bbl to your existing SP-01 for $180 or you can get a Supp. ready model from KYGunCo. right now.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#7]
So as a Cz p07 owner is the p01 omega worth it? I was getting one for the wife since she loves my 07.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:19:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yeah, not really the point of the SP line.

You can either fit a threaded bbl to your existing SP-01 for $180 or you can get a Supp. ready model from KYGunCo. right now.
View Quote

Isn't the P01 basically a compact version of the sp01?  There are zero threaded barrel options available for the .40 cal version of the sp01 which is what sent me on this chase for another handgun.  I may even consider getting a 9mm slide and their factory threaded barrel.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top