Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2016 9:52:08 PM EDT
Cleaning it today, only has 100 rounds through it. I used the brush it ships with, to clean the bore today. I didn't use any solvent, but I only iserted it once or twice.

However, I cleaned it from the muzzle inward to clean it. The user manual says this can damage the bore, as you are supposed to clean from the caliber. Any concerns?

Link Posted: 7/17/2016 9:59:58 PM EDT
[#1]
you didn't hurt anything. but you can damage the crown of the barrel over time by cleaning it from the muzzle end
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#2]
It's fucked. If you ship to me I will dispose of it properly.

oh, right, this isn't GD. You're fine bro. No damage done. But, if you're not right with it now, I can provide an FFL . . .
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 5:08:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Plenty of Youtube videos showing how to properly clean and lube your gun. Why are you afraid of taking it apart to clean it ?

It's very easy. Good luck !!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#4]
You didn't hurt it, but this is not the proper way to clean it.  The pistol is pretty easy to dissassemble, then you can pull the barrel out and clean from the breech end, which will protect your crown, which is the very end of the barrel (basically the last edge that the bullet will touch as it leaves the barrel).  Plus, by cleaning from the muzzle end, without dissassembling the pistol, you're pushing all that crud into the action of the gun.  That's a nice gun you got there (I just got one myself), so treat it right and it will last forever.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#5]
You didn't really clean it either if you didn't use any solvent.  Just pushed the loosest powder residue back into the action.  

Its fine, you didn't hurt it.  The rental SP01 we have gets a LOT of range time and looks like it has a carbon colony growing inside it.  It still works fine.  Guns can shoot reliably and accurately for a LONG time between cleanings, CZ's can anyway.  Keeping the rails greased and some oil on the barrel hood will go a long way as well, do this with a nice clean gun though, then shoot the crap out of it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 3:30:35 PM EDT
[#6]
You have rendered it useless and unsafe

j/k

Go to Walmart and buy a basic handgun cleaning kit with solvent, oil, patches, loop and jag sized for .38/.357/9mm. READ your Owner's Manual from CZ, field strip your gun and join the phenomenon that is proper firearms maintenance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top