Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2016 6:50:59 PM EDT
I watched some youtube videos online and also have been reading the forum pretty frequently.

As great as the Shadow Target II is, I'm curious if there are things some people like to do to their CZ's and why?

Thanks for getting started
-New CZ owner
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#1]
You could get the Cajun Gunworks 10x bushing to help improve accuracy, or go full retard and send it off to one of the smiths that do the accubushing...
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 8:22:09 PM EDT
[#2]
That's pretty incredible you can still squeeze some accuracy out of these. I'll definitely have to pick up a bushing.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#3]
CZC is limited to using their parts they make in their guns of course. They don't make a few things that are helpful in getting the most out of a CZ trigger. I would suggest placing an order from Cajun Gun Works for a reduced power trigger return spring, floating trigger pin, and a 11.5 pound hammer spring. CZC doesn't make a reduced power trigger return spring and the lightest they have is the 13 pound hammer spring. They sell a different trigger pin, but the CGW unit is better. If you want to shorten the SA reset to its shortest possible length order a CGW Type 3 disconnector, but it must be hand fitted as it comes oversize. The Type 1 CGW disconnector is the "drop in" version for a non-FPB model CZ and should shorten the reset over stock as well.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 11:35:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll check all those out! I put a call in to Cajun. I'll add a trigger pin as well.

I'll pay attention to the reset and if I can cut back its pressure a little I'll take that reduced spring. I'm debating if I should hold out though since the single action pull is right at 3 1/2. Might bring me under competition limits in some cases.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Also consider, one of the parts to break is the trigger return spring, so you could get one of these by CGW to eliminate that possibility.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Good point. Coming out in August, I wonder how it affects trigger pull. That thickened trigger he offers also seems nice - probably wont need it though.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 12:19:42 AM EDT
[#7]
If your planning on shooting matches with it I'd recommend getting the thin rammi safeties and perman springs so you can't accidentally engage the safety.  I would definitely get the CGW floating trigger pin, it makes swapping out the trigger return spring much easier.  some people like the feel of the CGW reduced power TRS but I dont like the feel of it and prefer the CZC spring.  I would also buy a recoil spring calibration pack and see which recoil spring you prefer i personally like an 11lb.  Depending on the ammo you use you can swap out your factory hammer spring to a 11.5lb hammer spring from CGW and also install a CGW reduced power firing pin spring with it, that should drop you double action pull down to 5.5-6lbs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top