Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2016 7:50:47 PM EDT
What are the pros and cons of the new P-07?
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Recently purchased the new P07 urban grey. Pros great gun very accurate. Cons- took forever to get here
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Magazine costs are the only con.  I've been buying P09 magazines as they hold more rounds.  No one else makes them (yet).  MecGar makes them but right now only CZ sells them and they charge a hell of a price.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:02:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Cons: your 9mm stash will magically disappear
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:26:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Versatile, can be set up a few ways with the decocker/safety option
Lightweight for a hammer fired pistol
Comfortable to shoot/convenient to carry
Mags expensive
Not quite as reliable/proven as a glock
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Fun as hell to shoot and crazy accurate. I just received mags @ $30 a piece which I didn't think was too bad.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 3:53:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Fun as hell to shoot and crazy accurate. I just received mags @ $30 a piece which I didn't think was too bad.
View Quote
Where did you find mags for $30? The best I've found is $41.

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 7:56:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Straight from CZ in the Czech Republic HERE , even with the customs tax and shipping it still broke down to @ $30 a piece but you need to buy at least 6 (shipping is the same for 1 or 6, so the more you buy the cheaper the mags get).

They are also the newest gen mags with the numbers on the back (2-15) and exactly the same as what was included with my P07.

The only hold up I had was my CC declined the transaction (understandable as it was an out of country purchase) But once I approved and verified it was me I had zero issues the second time.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Straight from CZ in the Czech Republic HERE , even with the customs tax and shipping it still broke down to @ $30 a piece but you need to buy at least 6 (shipping is the same for 1 or 6, so the more you buy the cheaper the mags get).

They are also the newest gen mags with the numbers on the back (2-15) and exactly the same as what was included with my P07.

The only hold up I had was my CC declined the transaction (understandable as it was an out of country purchase) But once I approved and verified it was me I had zero issues the second time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, thanks.  I jumped on that.

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 7:07:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet, it was kind of fun watching all the countries they went through.  Mine shipped June 30th and delivered July 5th via DHL.  Signature is required fyi.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 7:22:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

COOL

I could use a few more P-09 40 cal mags.

really like this gun.

ordered the Cajun trigger guts today

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
COOL

really like this gun.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/derek45/CZ/czp09fiber_zpsqbec6it4.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

COOL

really like this gun.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/derek45/CZ/czp09fiber_zpsqbec6it4.jpg

Is the safety awkward to use being that far forward?
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 9:09:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:...   Is the safety awkward to use being that far forward?
View Quote

I like it

I'm an old 1911/2011 IPSC shooter,  I think the gun feels very much like my STI

I've heard others say it feels different, but it's the same for me.

( I'm 6'4", and have long skinny fingers )

I'd like it better if the safety had a shelf, like an Ed Brown thumb safety

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#13]

I got the duty version for $350, the only con I can think of is that you can't find them for $350 anymore.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 9:54:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:...
I got the duty version for $350, the only con I can think of is that you can't find them for $350 anymore.
View Quote

I paid $384 for this, at grabagun dot com.

I guess they marked it down, since nobody ( but me ) shoots 40 anymore LOL

( I shoot limited USPSA, and it's just easier to keep the Dillon, brass, bullets, 40 )

Link Posted: 7/12/2016 12:48:36 AM EDT
[#15]
I had to give up my lanyard loop to run the +4 extension, that is something like a con I guess =P
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 2:36:53 PM EDT
[#16]
So, I finally got to handle a P-07 and it didn't feel good in my hand at all.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Did you try any of the grip modifiers that come with it?
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

I was in a store so I couldn't, but it wasn't the backstraps as much as it just felt too thin or something. I didn't feel like it locked into my hands very well. The texture was weak and the decocker was awkward to use, as well.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 10:33:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Guess it's not for you then :( I like the grip size from the factory but I'm gonna throw on some Talon grips for texture, cuz like you said: It's weak. I have the urban grey 07, hope it looks nice with the contrasting grips :)
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:09:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Guess it's not for you then :( I like the grip size from the factory but I'm gonna throw on some Talon grips for texture, cuz like you said: It's weak. I have the urban grey 07, hope it looks nice with the contrasting grips :)
View Quote

I got one of these and its fantastic.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why is that? I have large hands and love it and even the wife with her girly little hands like it.

You must be a 2x4 glock fan ;) those don't feel good.

I really should order more Mags for mine!
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Why is that? I have large hands and love it and even the wife with her girly little hands like it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been shooting Glocks and 1911s for a very long time. After all the good reviews, I was expecting to like it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#23]
The factory texture is a con.  I fixed that on mine by stippling the back strap and raised areas.

Trijicon HD sights don't exist for it.  That's a con.

Otherwise it's pretty damn good.  I love it.  Runs great suppressed as well.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 2:25:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I was in a store so I couldn't, but it wasn't the backstraps as much as it just felt too thin or something. I didn't feel like it locked into my hands very well. The texture was weak and the decocker was awkward to use, as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I felt the same way, putting Talon Grips on mine (P-09) really helped.  More of a palm swell would be the one thing I'd change about my P-09 now that it's been Cajunized, but with the Talon Grips grip tape my grip is really pretty good.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 12:45:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Cons = none from my experience. Holsters and mags are available and fairly priced. CZ's are in a class of their own. My daily carry for almost 3 years now. Hell , I carry steel cased brown bear because of the reliability I have had with my P o 7 .
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 7:05:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The factory texture is a con.  I fixed that on mine by stippling the back strap and raised areas.

Trijicon HD sights don't exist for it.  That's a con.

Otherwise it's pretty damn good.  I love it.  Runs great suppressed as well.
View Quote

Cajun Gun Works now has tritium sights for the P-07/09. They are made by Dawson Precision and lamp in the front sight is made by Trijicon.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Is the safety awkward to use being that far forward?

View Quote

This is why I got rid of mine. There was just too much effort and concentration put into actuating it. I think it has to do with the serrations extending behind the pivot point. It is a far cry from the CZ75 series. I would really like someone to come out with an aftermarket option. Everything else about the pistol is spot on IMO.

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:30:03 PM EDT
[#28]
The grip shape isn't for everyone.  Mine felt too flat on the sides, great for carry, but not comfortable to me, just like the P-09.  I fixed it with some JB-Weld or Sugru buildup on the flat sides to ovalize the grip.  The P-09 and P-07 both feel fine now.  I also added some JB-Weld to the front side of the trigger to increase the reach some.  My pistols are ugly, but I won a lot of bullseye matches with a P-09 plus red dot in 2014 and won the only one I shot with the P-07 in 2016.  Accuracy and mechanical worthiness are not a problem.  The ergonomics might need some work is all.  Great, inexpensive handgun.  

100 and 200 yard P-09/P-07 shooting videos

P-09/07 disassembly/reassembly videos

Joe
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 6:12:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Joe,

your videos are a Godsend

they made it easy to install the Cajun parts

thanks a million

Derek
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:04:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Glad the videos are helping everyone.  The guns and parts are phenomenal, in my opinion.
Joe
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 11:52:41 AM EDT
[#31]
ordered a P-07 yesterday to go with my P-09

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

ordered a P-07 yesterday to go with my P-09

View Quote
I need to do the opposite. I need to order a P-09 to go with my P-07.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top