Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2016 6:54:47 PM EDT
Hey. I'm looking for a new compact CZ and I'm having a tough time deciding. It's kind of a toss up between the PCR, the P-07 or a regular 75 compact. I have a P-02 already so I'm not looking at the P-01. I'd like to throw the CGW parts lineup at this one as well. So whichever of those would respond the best to tuning/parts, etc. is a consideration. What would you pick?

P.S.I'd love to find one of the Masada stamped compacts or semi-compact  if anyone has a line on one.

ETA: I'd probably RMR this is one too, don't know how feasible that it is with the different models.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:11:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Out of the three you list..............75 Compact , would be my choice.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:20:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input, why would you go that route? Are any or all of them convertible to SAO? I know the 75 compact is.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:43:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the 75D PCR
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:44:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I own 9 CZ pistols and carry the PCR with laser grips as my EDC. I really like the loaded chamber indicator and since most of my CZ mags interchange, I have 14 rounds in the gun and a 19 round spare reload.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:44:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

This, but I don't like decockers.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:33:03 PM EDT
[#6]
My only issue with the plastic guns is that they use a different magazine. Not too big of a deal.

It's basically decocker(PCR, Aluminum Frame) vs. safety(Compact, Steel frame). Rami is a smaller pistol(subcompact) using the same magazines.

If you are putting the parts in yourself, a safety equipped model would be easier to work on if you went real in depth.

I own a PCR and am pleased with it.

Link Posted: 4/13/2016 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I would go with the PCR.  I have the compact and the PCR, and I like the PCR better because of the hammer drop safety.  It is a lighter carry (not by much, but I notice).

I really do not care for the standard magazines that come with either the compact or the PCR, but I recently got a 16 round magazine from Greg Cote (here), and that pad at the bottom of the magazine has transformed how the pistols feel in my hand.  No more felling as if I am about to slice my hand open when I practice my draw.

He also sell replacement base pads for the magazines that came with the pistols.  Those are great.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel exactly the same.
Have no use for one.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 3:19:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I also dislike the stock metal base plate on the CZ mags, so I replaced all of mine with Beretta 92 base plates which fit damn near perfect. Somewhere for the pinkie to rest.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 4:04:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 12:13:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:46:03 AM EDT
[#17]
I appreciate the suggestions so far. At this point I'm tempted to just order a custom from CGW or CZ Customs. I want something kind of unique and that I won't have to dump a few hundred more in parts for. I'm taking my time, don't want to rush this purchse. Also that damned scorpion evo is calling my name too.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 10:56:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#19]
I have P07 and PCR, P07 has full CGW
treatment. both are excellent, but the PCR still shoots
better and conceals much better.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Probably just a shockwave. I'd rather not give the gov $200 for the pleasure of enjoying my rights.

ETA: In reference to the scorpion evo.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have P07 and PCR, P07 has full CGW
treatment. both are excellent, but the PCR still shoots
better and conceals much better.
View Quote

The PCR shoots better than the P-07 even with the CGW treatment?
Hard to fathom but I'd rather have an all metal piece anyway.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:36:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Found a semi compact Massada/Menorah stamped 1993 model I'm thinking of going for. I'm thinking single actio, night sights, refinishing and CGW blowing their load on it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:48:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, I made a decision. I ordered a Sphinx SDP, hopefully the purists won't stone me. I'm gonna post a link to it in a separate thread but here's a hell of a buy on a SDP 5 mags and a viridian C5L green laser/light combo and a hat. $987.XX shipped while the gun alone usually goes for $900+.
https://www.preppergunshop.com/sphinx-sdp-pistol-sphinx-sdp-compact-alpha-9mm-3-75-barrel-3-15rd-mags-tacpac-w-viridian-c5l-green-laser-light-combo
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:54:49 AM EDT
[#24]
You might have picked one of the best guns in this category.  Excellent choice!
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You might have picked one of the best guns in this category.  Excellent choice!
View Quote

I appreciate it. I'd been looking at these for a while but had written off spending that kind of money when I could get nearly any production CZ for the same amount or less. Came across that deal last night and with the total package figured in, I couldn't pass it up. Since I already have a few nice CZ's I think this one will be a nice addition.

Anybody here have one?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#26]
what is this CGW everyone mentions
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
what is this CGW everyone mentions
View Quote

Can't tell if serious. But it's cajun gun works
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:02:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

There's been multiple pistols that have been roll marked "Compact."

Some of them have been decocker models.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel exactly the same.
Have no use for one.

75 Compact doesn't have a decocker.

PCR and P01 do.

There's been multiple pistols that have been roll marked "Compact."

Some of them have been decocker models.

Mine says "CZ 75 D Compact" on the slide. It's the exact same pistol as the P-01 except it has an upgraded slide lock spring in it (that CZ obviously felt it needed, but after Nato had approved the P-01 for duty.) It also is missing the Nato Stock Number on the right side of the frame. You can actually see where the NSN looks to have been rubbed off on the exact spot on the frame where it would have been; and then refinished over. This model certainly has the decocker.

Out of all my pistols: I like this CZ the best. And that is in the company of nice 1911's, Apex'd M&P's, Colts, Glocks, etc, etc... It took me about a day of concealed carrying the pistol to get used to the decocker and now I love it. I don't want to carry a pistol without one if given the choice. Does that mean I'm getting rid of my SAO's and DAO 1911's and M&P pistols... hell no! But I really enjoy having that first shot being half cocked double action and the following 16 shots, (use SP-01 magazines), in SAO mode. Best yet, I like the decocker for unloading it as occasionally I have to do as it's my every day carry piece. I carried a G27 for (5) years, an M&P40c for the last (5) years, (a Springfield 1911 in the interim), and this CZ since January. The CZ is the best of the bunch!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top