Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2016 6:07:13 PM EDT
I have an opportunity to visit Prague, CZE next month.  And I just noticed on their website that there are two different CZ retail outlets within the city.

Anyone ever been?  Is it possible and/or practical to expect I could pick up some accessories like mags, grips, or other CZ-brand paraphernalia?

Also curious if the main factory gives tours.  It's a three hour drive from Prague, but I'd go if they offered tours.

Just curious

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been to the Czech Republic, mostly Prague, many times.  Beautiful city, great country.

Never been to any CZ retail outlets, nor tried to tour the factory.  The country's worth the visit no matter what you do while you're there.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Visiting the Czech Republic is on my bucket list of things to do before I die.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I did, but it was a few years ago.  At the time, they had a CZ outlet store downtown, just a block or so off the main tourist pedestrian walk in the city.  I think it was to the left, as you walked North towards the national museum.  It was great.  Mostly clothing gear with their LOGO, but a full gun-shop too.  Europeans are all about that extensive scroll-work on the metal, and they had several examples of $5k CZ-75's will all kinds of decorative scroll work.  Not  really my style, but still kind of cool to see.  And they had any spare part you wanted.  I picked up a slide release, some grips, and a neat CZ padded pistol case you can't get here in the US - and a shirt.

Prague's a great city - I loved it.  Good food, good people, hot women.  Be sure to hit a symphony, even if it isn't your thing.  They're cheap and amazing there.  Mucha the artist is from there, and they have a Mucha shop I think really near there, maybe turning right instead.  Lots of really great Art Deco paintings of beautiful women and things that are very tasteful - he was the inventor and definition of the 1920's gilded era style.artwork so oft copied, and just amazing stuff - worth a moment to pop in.  Sadly, the Nazi's killed him, the bastards.

If you have time you can go see BRNO, where the brother's grim are on public display, and you can see the original pea plot and monastery where Gregor Mendel discovered genetics.  It's mostly a beer brewery now - God I love Czech Republic.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Also curious if the main factory gives tours.  It's a three hour drive from Prague, but I'd go if they offered tours.
View Quote

Nope, no tours. I believe it was American Handgunner who did a tour with them several years ago for an article. They wrote about how hard it was for them to set up their tour even though they may be the premier handgun rag in America. They were also quick to point out that the unwashed masses had a snowball's chance in touring the factory.

I too would give a left testicle to tour their plant. Sadly, I have about as much chance of doing that as I do marrying Cindy Crawford..............  

As for a bit of good news, CZ Custom in AZ is pretty customer friendly per Angus, their director & captain of the CZ shooting team. Kinda like getting turned down by a super model but still getting to nail the cheerleader captain, IMO..........  

My .o2
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:33:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the great info, gents.  It sounds like I'm going to enjoy the motherland.

I'll follow up with any interesting pistols I find at the CZ outlet in Prague.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:07:04 PM EDT
[#6]
If I were to move to Europe the two cities I would consider would be Eibar, Spain; and Prague, Czech Republic.  Eibar because it's THE gun mecca of Europe, and Praque because it's such a stunning city with extremely cool people and as someone already pointed out; lots of beautiful women (a voyeur would never get bored).  You're a lucky SOB for getting to go to Prague, make the best of it, and DO stop by CZ, that would just be too cool.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 11:05:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Same here, and being that I work in the city of Chicago, I have a few Czech born co-workers that go back all the time.  Good group of people and their wimmenz....

Got one of my coworkers lining up the cheapest possible way to get there and back for me
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 8:32:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Yep, 7x plus a stint teaching English there....and a guided tour of the factory from CZ team shooter Martin Kamenícek in 2007.
CZ factory tour

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#9]
When my divorce is final I am going.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 2:02:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I went several years ago. One of my favorite cities. Great food, beautiful women and the beer is awesome. The CZ store was cool, but they didn't let me hold any of the fancy rifles.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:24:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Just don't bring back any ITAR stuff, Customs officals lack a sense of humor over such things and the fines are very steep.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top