Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2015 10:34:40 PM EDT
Strange request but here goes.

I've dealt with wrist issues (RSI, carpal tunnel, ganglion cyst) all my life and shooting handguns has always been a little uncomfortable for me, even 9mms.

Recently I shot a few revolvers with no pain whatsoever which leads me to believe that the reciprocating slide torquing my hand is what's causing me pain when I shoot. As in, the straight-back push of the recoil isn't what's causing me pain; more like when the steel slide SLAMS backwards a few milliseconds later and causes my wrist to torque upwards at an angle.

I already own a Beretta 92, which has got to be a pretty light slide because of the open top, but I'm wondering if CZs with their narrow slides might be even lighter?

Would somebody with a scale be willing to weigh the slide off of their CZ and tell me what it reads? I think without the barrel is best, because the barrel more or less stays in place while the slide reciprocates.

My cooking scale gave me 11.55 ounces for my Beretta 92 slide assembly, without the barrel and recoil spring.

Thank  you!
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 10:44:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Standard 75B slide: 11.00 oz
75B SA slide: 12.40 oz

A SP-01 would be more or less the same as the SA, and a Shadow slide will be slightly heavier.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 10:53:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for doing that Walkure. Come to think of it, I don't know whether I need a heavier or a lighter slide. I guess it depends on the weight of the recoil spring as well. Well, that gives me a baseline to work off of... Thanks again!
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 7:26:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Load yourself some 147gr bullets, that'll be super comfortable to shoot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top