Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2015 10:41:22 AM EDT
Looking over a new to me..but last year's production CZ75B Omega 9mm pistol.

Question #1...Does CZ date the slide? I notice the slide serial number has a 14 ahead of the lion proof mark...this would correspond with the date on the included test-fire target(like test fired February last year)

Question #2...The sights seem to have luminescent paint instead of 'white dots'...is that the norm on plain-Jane CZ 75 pistols? Definitely not night-sights!...

Question #3...The recoil spring guide-rod on this particular CZ75B appears to be stainless steel...I thought these 'cheapified' later vintage CZ pistols had plastic guide-rods. Has CZ gone back to metal guide-rods?

Seems a good pistol..shoots very well. I had some various make/weight 9mm hollowpoints and it ate those as easy as it eats fmj. The much griped about 'Omega' trigger works great! I didn't really want this pistol bought bought it from a friend who got laid-off ...after shooting a few mags-full of ammo from it..I decided it's probably a keeper..
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 1:25:00 PM EDT
[#1]
My ex has the non B version but in on thread for responses
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#2]
1. The two digit date is is to the rear of the proof mark on the new CZs and behind the ejection port on the older models.

2. The dots in the sights are luminescent paint and is standard for CZ pistols.

3.  The newer CZ including my 2015 dated P1 use the plastic guide rods.  My older CZ 75 in .40 S&W has a stainless steel rod.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 3:59:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanx for the info....

Couple other questions. Is the barrel stainless on these?...Where do you get factory mags they seem to be not much available at my usual mag sources except for aftermarket?
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanx for the info....

Couple other questions. Is the barrel stainless on these?...Where do you get factory mags they seem to be not much available at my usual mag sources except for aftermarket?
View Quote

Not SS.

Get your mags here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top