Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2015 10:18:53 PM EDT
My question is exactly as the title states. Can a Canik C-100 use a CZ-75B Compact barrel?
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Found this related SXS pic on the web, not sure if this helps... Not sure where that extra piece of metal goes on the bbl hood when its in battery..

Link Posted: 9/12/2015 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I found that picture too. I say F%#k it. I am going to buy a CZ threaded barrel and try it out. I will be the Guinea pig.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 5:21:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I found that picture too. I say F%#k it. I am going to buy a CZ threaded barrel and try it out. I will be the Guinea pig.
View Quote
Make sure to update here.  I'm a convert to canik pistols though i compared a CZ compact to mine the other day at LGS and do appreciate the workmanship and finish on the CZ.  What i can't get over is how much lighter the c100 is.  I've carried a lot more expensive pistols having carried professionally since 1993, but love how this gun carries and shoots.

Link Posted: 9/20/2015 1:08:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Alright, so to start out I would like to say my C-100 is a newer model. Supposedly it left the factory Jan/2015. Now then. I ordered a threaded CZ compact barrel from CZ custom shop. The barrel dropped right in. There are some minor differences between the CZ barrel and original. However nothing that affected function. I went to the range today and put 200 through the Tristar barrel, then 200 through the CZ barrel unsuppressed, then 200 through the CZ barrel suppressed. It functioned flawlessly. Maybe the older Canik pistols didn't allow the barrel to interchange, but my Tristar c-100 had zero issues. Hell the barrel didn't even need fitting. Obviously there are numerous tolerances involved so YMMV and you may need fitting. But know this:

YES A CZ COMPACT BARREL WILL WORK IN A NEW, RECENT PRODUCTION TRISTAR. Again my gun left the factory Jan/2015.

Czechers: hope that helps

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:15:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome, thanks! Mine only has Tristar on the slide and a serial number as long as a VIN.. 2012 prod date.

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:04:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I  got mine last Feb., 2014 pistol. It has the new grips, like the OP pics.
Good info, thanks !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top