Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2015 10:15:00 AM EDT
I have been looking hard at buying a CZ in the past week. They just seem like the one hammer fired pistol I would want.

I am having trouble deciding which one I should get. All sound like very good guns and none better than the other.

The 75 looks nice but I think I want something with rails at the bottom, incase I want a light on mine. Also I want to be able to carry it. I realize all can be carried but I want something that carries easy and well though.

I also have a 9mm suppressor I may want to put on there as well. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#1]
PO7 DUTY is pretty nice CZ make great guns.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#2]
That is a good suggestion.  Apparently available with a threaded barrel also.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#3]
You would not be disappointed in a 75B, even with no rail.

But the P07-09 are pretty damn good too.  My fav is the P01
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#4]

not sure if it's possible, but the best way would probably to get to a shop or have a friend that has some cz's to shoot. I have to admit, while I have two of the steel variants, I haven't found myself interested in the tupperware versions, yet.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

not sure if it's possible, but the best way would probably to get to a shop or have a friend that has some cz's to shoot. I have to admit, while I have two of the steel variants, I haven't found myself interested in the tupperware versions, yet.
View Quote

I think you make a good point, I don't think I want another polymer centerfire semiauto. I'm sure they're great but I already have 4 glocks and am looking for something a bit different. Also like the look of the metal CZ's.

Did some reading on the P01, I am starting to lean towards that. Smaller size, alloy frame etc.

I also just saw a video about the SP-01 Shadow. Sounds like a really sweet gun too bad it's a bit big for my taste in a carry gun. Is there such a thing as a steel framed P01?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#6]
CZ 75 compact I think has a steel frame.  P01 are alloy lowers.  Very durable, mine has over 5k with no loosening up.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:12:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds to me like you're describing a P01
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I started with a P01. It's a sweet piece, it sounds like everything you're looking for with the exception of the threaded barrel. I'd just get a full size CZ for the supressor.
Warning though, you will have a high probability of becoming a CZ addict. I bought my P01 maybe a year and a half ago. I know have a SP01, 97B. and a P09. I'm on the prowl for something else now too, probably a polished 75.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is there such a thing as a steel framed P01?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Is there such a thing as a steel framed P01?

Not exactly.

There is no steel-framed compact variant with a decocker and a rail in 9mm. In fact, there is no decocker variant in a steel-framed compact at all, though there is one with a rail - the .40S&W 75 Compact has a rail, while the 9mm version does not. Both are safety-equipped DA/SA models.

I carry a 75 Compact in 9mm. I may be getting another one (or maybe just another top end, if I can find one) soon, for a little project...

ETA:

Quoted:
Warning though, you will have a high probability of becoming a CZ addict.

I currently own nine. And all proper steel-framed, safety-equipped models, mind you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:56:41 PM EDT
[#10]
The tristar p100 is a steel framed cz p01 clone. I own a tristar p120, great gun. I also own the cz p01. I recommend the p01
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:00:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Long time CZ fan. Started with standard CZ-75 back  before CZ-USA existed. Longed for a P-01 when they came out...and have a nice OD one. Then I had to have a P-07...and love it too. But then I had a chance to pick up another factory full sized 75 with th Meprolight sights and three mags and just had to add it to the herd. Oh, and of course there is that Kadet Kit for cheap and quiet indoor shooting.  And you know what, a nice 527 CZ carbine would go well in the safe also.....love that set trigger.......

Don't be fooled....it is a disease.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:57:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Are you planing to carry or is this a range or night stand pistol?

The SP-01 is my favorite pistol to shoot it's just awesome but way to large for concealed carry ( at least for me)
The P-01 is darn close to being the same size as a Glock 19 and carries great with a flush mag.
      I plan to pick up a 07 and a 09 at some point but the SP-01 is king for me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top