Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2015 1:57:10 PM EDT
I'm new to the CZ game, but I finally picked up a pre-b, transitional. It's turning into my favorite pistol. The trigger is great, but I would like to get rid of the tiny bit of creep I get in SA. I've seen a lot of folks recommending Cajun Gun Works in 75Bs. Do they have a decent drop in, pre-b specific?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:19:24 AM EDT
[#1]

drop in is relative, the parts do indeed drop in but there is a little bit of playing with the mechanism to make it perfect. That being said, easiest way would be to give them a call, they are very friendly on the phone and don't have a problem going over your options.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

drop in is relative, the parts do indeed drop in but there is a little bit of playing with the mechanism to make it perfect. That being said, easiest way would be to give them a call, they are very friendly on the phone and don't have a problem going over your options.
View Quote

Ok, thanks.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:49:59 PM EDT
[#3]

I would recommend first cleaning the action with gun spray. Most important part is the part of the trigger bar riding underneath

the cage. Remove slide, pool the trigger in double action partially to expose space under the cage and spray it well. Let it dry and lube it.

My PCR wasn't shot much but there was a lot of  crud to the point that double action became unbearable. After cleaning it returned to normal CZ trigger as it should be. I almost wanted to take it apart and polish it.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I would recommend first cleaning the action with gun spray. Most important part is the part of the trigger bar riding underneath

the cage. Remove slide, pool the trigger in double action partially to expose space under the cage and spray it well. Let it dry and lube it.

My PCR wasn't shot much but there was a lot of  crud to the point that double action became unbearable. After cleaning it returned to normal CZ trigger as it should be. I almost wanted to take it apart and polish it.

View Quote

I'll give it a whirl, but it's actually really smooth, just that little creap. The internals look like they're in great shape. I don't think it was shot much and appears to have been cleaned after it was.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:19:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Cajun gunworks (CGW) doesn't have a "drop in" trigger kit. While CZ's are not as easy to work on as say a Glock they are not impossible. as far as the trigger creep in SA you could remedy that with say a CGW disconnector. they have one that is usually a drop in part but in some rare cases needs to be fit to the gun. Or you could go with their disconnector that requires fitting but you will have minimal over-travel in SA.  A great thread to find more information about CZ triggers can be found on the Brian Enos forum in the CZ section. http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191773  ( I have no idea how to post a hyperlink)
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 4:19:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Cajun gunworks (CGW) doesn't have a "drop in" trigger kit. While CZ's are not as easy to work on as say a Glock they are not impossible. as far as the trigger creep in SA you could remedy that with say a CGW disconnector. they have one that is usually a drop in part but in some rare cases needs to be fit to the gun. Or you could go with their disconnector that requires fitting but you will have minimal over-travel in SA.  A great thread to find more information about CZ triggers can be found on the Brian Enos forum in the CZ section. http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191773  ( I have no idea how to post a hyperlink)
View Quote

Awesome, thanks.

Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Are you trying to reduce take up, or creep? If it's take up, then a CGW disco is what you seek. Below is a before and after trigger reset picture of my Shadow with and without the new GCW part. Should be pretty obvious which image is pre CGW disco install.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 7:08:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Are you trying to reduce take up, or creep? If it's take up, then a CGW disco is what you seek. Below is a before and after trigger reset picture of my Shadow with and without the new GCW part. Should be pretty obvious which image is pre CGW disco install.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/JKW/C375F751-F6EB-4970-8EBF-1634396E3F10_zpsjhdwrgij.jpg
View Quote

Creep. I only put a box through it when I had a chance and was trying to figure out the trigger. I noticed it more while dry firing for some reason, but there is a tiny bit of sponge. I didn't check reset, didn't know it was that long with CZs.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top