Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2015 5:29:42 PM EDT
I've been lusting after a CZ 75 sp-01 tactical for a while now.  There was one NIB for $585 at the gunshow this morning, so she is now mine.

I was planning on doing a competition hammer install, but the specimen I have actually has a decent trigger.  The SA is superb.  The double action is smooth, but heavy at 12-13 lbs.  Is there a way to reduce the double action pull, while leaving the single action pull alone?

I'm so impressed with the way this  gun feels that I want to order a 75 PCR and P-07

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice !
And a great deal to boot.
I just took possession of an SP-01 manual safety yesterday.
One of the finest, full-size, all steel pistolas around.

Some basic upgrade discussions in these threads...
http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=202268
http://www.cztalk.com/f5/cz-97-cz-75-sp01-upgrades-442/
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_37/160565_CZ_75_sp_01_competition_hammer_install.html
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I am planing on replacing the grips.  What are the differences between the Hogue G10's and VZ grips?

Also, are the 19 round Mecgar mags reliable?
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#3]
http://cajungunworks.com/spring_kits.html

This is what you're looking for.

SPGK1 - 3 - piece spring kits consists of CGW's own 13lb music wire hammer spring, reduced power firing pin spring, and reduced power firing pin block lifter spring.  Delivers amazing performance for a small investment.  

Mine

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I was a die hard Sig fan... Then got an SP01. Now I share my love among the brands.

I have VZ diamond grips on mine (were on there when I bought it) and they provide great grip. I have Hogue G10 Piranha grips on my P226, and those are awesome as well. I wouldn't put either grip over the other, but I'm also comparing among two different platforms.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I do miss my SP-01. If only the mags didn't suck I'd still have mine.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:49:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I have 12 18 round mags zero issues.  What was the problem with yours?
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:56:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All mine had crap mags. Pretty common issue with the 18 rounders. They often require plus power springs to get them to run reliably. If you google "SP-01 mag issues" it's pretty damn common. Why CZ hasn't just started shipping them with better springs is beyond me. For $50 a piece, no one should have to buy new springs for a magazine to work properly.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok, I just ordered three 18rd CZ mags for my SP-01.  Where do you get the plus power magazine springs?  Just to be on the safe side.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 1:58:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ok, I just ordered three 18rd CZ mags for my SP-01.  Where do you get the plus power magazine springs?  Just to be on the safe side.
View Quote

gunsprings.com (Wolff) is what I see recommended most of the time.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am planing on replacing the grips.  What are the differences between the Hogue G10's and VZ grips?

Also, are the 19 round Mecgar mags reliable?
View Quote

I have the 14-rounders for my PCR.  G2G.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
I'd shoot it before you go and spend money on mag springs.  None of the factory or Mecgar mags I ran in my SP01 or Shadow Target ever missed a beat.  And that was about 5,000 rounds and 10 mags between them.

Link Posted: 6/21/2015 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been running the 19 round Mec Gars in my 75B without issues.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

All mine had crap mags. Pretty common issue with the 18 rounders. They often require plus power springs to get them to run reliably. If you google "SP-01 mag issues" it's pretty damn common. Why CZ hasn't just started shipping them with better springs is beyond me. For $50 a piece, no one should have to buy new springs for a magazine to work properly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you got rid of a gun you liked because you had to buy a $5 spring for the magazine?  
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 6:09:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'd shoot it before you go and spend money on mag springs.  None of the factory or Mecgar mags I ran in my SP01 or Shadow Target ever missed a beat.  And that was about 5,000 rounds and 10 mags between them.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be picking up my SP-01 from my FFL dealer tonight and head to the range in a couple days on my next day off.  We'll see how she performs.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:01:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Love the color combo
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
http://cajungunworks.com/spring_kits.html

This is what you're looking for.

SPGK1 - 3 - piece spring kits consists of CGW's own 13lb music wire hammer spring, reduced power firing pin spring, and reduced power firing pin block lifter spring.  Delivers amazing performance for a small investment.  

Mine

<a href="http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/gun_stuff/media/CZ/IMG_5276_zps8synshhm.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l602/gun_stuff/CZ/IMG_5276_zps8synshhm.jpg</a>
View Quote
+ 1 for Cajan gun works spring kits. I think there about $13.00 and dropped my double action pull from 13lbs to 10lbs. half cocked pull dropped a little too. Single action stayed the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top