Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2015 9:40:11 AM EDT
Im new to CZ and I just ordered a CZ 75 from AIM.  It only comes with 1 15 rd magazine.  What kind of magazine do I need to get for spares?  I see a lot of CZ75B that are 17 or 19 rnds.  Will these work with the older CZ 75?  I also saw some 16 rnds. Any difference on these aside from the mag capacity?  Any leads ?  Thanks

Jaguar
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:44:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Short answer, no. There are quite a few threads on here and elsewhere about this, including others that have modified the frame to get the newer magazines to work.  I believe you can still order the older style directly from CZ-USA.  Longer answer is that some of the older frames will work with the newer magazines; it is a crap shoot.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:56:44 AM EDT
[#2]
If you have a round trigger guard, some filing will need to be done. If it is a "transitional" with the flat front trigger guard, modern 75b mags work with no issue.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:22:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Im new to CZ and I just ordered a CZ 75 from AIM.  It only comes with 1 15 rd magazine.  What kind of magazine do I need to get for spares?  I see a lot of CZ75B that are 17 or 19 rnds.  Will these work with the older CZ 75?  I also saw some 16 rnds. Any difference on these aside from the mag capacity?  Any leads ?  Thanks

Jaguar
View Quote

I ordered one of those too. I'm waiting to see what I get. They showed a transitional model in a couple of their photos. Keeping fingers crossed . . .
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:20:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone!  I guess I have to wait first on what will I get.  Thanks for all the replies
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:30:05 PM EDT
[#6]
As Cornsweat mentioned. It's a crap shoot. When it comes to pre-b's. Sometimes, new mags work and some don't. You could have two pre-bs from the same year or close in years. New mags might work in one and not the other.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I got mine yesterday. It's solidly pre-B from 1985, nothing transitional about it.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 2:20:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Interesting to hear that some pre-b's work with post b mags yet some don't. I am hoping that I may get lucky and these work.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:56:07 AM EDT
[#9]
CZ USA sells pre B mags.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:15:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Generally and from my limited experience if it has a born on date of 1991 or later, the MecGars mags will work.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's mine.  Does a 75 B mag work on these?  I'm new to CZ and this is my first one.  Is this the transitional?

ETA:  new 16 rd mags fit on mine

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 6:12:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

That's beautiful, what is the different looking pin at the bottom heel of the grip?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's beautiful, what is the different looking pin at the bottom heel of the grip?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm not sure I would describe it as beautiful, but OK . . . I assume the pin is for a lanyard ring.

I shot it today. Shoots good. I see why they went with the rounded hammer on the later models though. Borderline hammer bite.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm not sure I would describe it as beautiful, but OK . . . I assume the pin is for a lanyard ring.

I shot it today. Shoots good. I see why they went with the rounded hammer on the later models though. Borderline hammer bite.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup you can get bit, mine has a lanyard ring build into the main spring cap off the bottom of the heel. Great pistol though it is worn out now and I have no idea how to get it snugged up. Mine must be one of the lucky ones, even with modern mags it seems to run fine
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:47:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Here's mine.  Does a 75 B mag work on these?  I'm new to CZ and this is my first one.  Is this the transitional?

View Quote

No that is not a transistional. That is an regular old Pre-B, but a little different since it has a later ring hammer. B magazines probably won't work unless you file down a few spots on the frame: http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=39056.0
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Mine came in today. Poor photo/lighting, but mine looks in rough shape compared to the others posted.

94 date, I think this one is a transitional. Squared trigger guard, rounded hammer.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top