Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2015 4:47:08 PM EDT
Can the safety versions be carried cocked/locked, half cock or hammer down safely? I was told any of those three methods is fine, just wanted more opinions.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:51:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, so glad I bought this version
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Just be aware, CZ does make some versions without a firing pin block.  They're mostly competition versions, like the SP01 Shadow, but IIRC the Pre-B 75's did not have a FPB and needed to be carried either at half cock or with safety engaged.  Not likely that you have any of those, though.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:16:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Standard SP-01 safety.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:23:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just be aware, CZ does make some versions without a firing pin block.  They're mostly competition versions, like the SP01 Shadow, but IIRC the Pre-B 75's did not have a FPB and needed to be carried either at half cock or with safety engaged.  Not likely that you have any of those, though.
View Quote

Exactly, my pre b could go off if dropped the right way theoretically, half cock or cocked and locked is how it was designed to be carried. The new ones (with a few exceptions) are safe for hammer down though I don't personally see a reason to.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:33:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Exactly, my pre b could go off if dropped the right way theoretically, half cock or cocked and locked is how it was designed to be carried. The new ones (with a few exceptions) are safe for hammer down though I don't personally see a reason to.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The CZ 75 uses an inertial firing pin, meaning the firing pin is too short to touch the hammer and the primer at the same time. It's arguably safer to carry a pre b with the hammer all the way down than at half cock as a failure of the half cock notch could potentially cause a discharge while a blow to the hammer won't. The firing pin block in 75Bs is there to protect against muzzle down drops and sear failures.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 5:04:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Actually. The older pre-b 75's (should also include newer made guns without the FPB) should either be carried cocked and locked. Or hammer all the way down. The old armourers manual even says as much.
http://stevespages.com/pdf/cz_75_armourer_manual.pdf Page 7, scroll down. The older guns, before decockers came along had the half-cocked notch(newer guns do too obviously) This was a "safety notch" For one, if the hammer slipped and you released the trigger. In theory. With the gun without the FPB. If you have a round chambered and the hammer all the way down. Even if you drop the loaded gun on the hammer. There shouldn't be enough force to ignite a primer. But if you had the gun with no FPB, carried at half cock. You drop the gun on the hammer. There could be enough force (in theory) to set the round off. Or dropped it in any position and the hammer dropped.

The half cock notch point is moot on the guns with FPBs. Because the hammer can't set off a round, without the trigger being pulled (again in theory). Plus the decocker guns based of the original design include FPB and were designed to stop on the half-cock notch. Not counting the P07/09 guns.

Of course, it's been mentioned. You bought a standard SP-0I.So carrying it any of the 3 ways is perfectly fine.

Enjoy your new gun. :D
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 5:07:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The CZ 75 uses an inertial firing pin, meaning the firing pin is too short to touch the hammer and the primer at the same time. It's arguably safer to carry a pre b with the hammer all the way down than at half cock as a failure of the half cock notch could potentially cause a discharge while a blow to the hammer won't. The firing pin block in 75Bs is there to protect against muzzle down drops and sear failures.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Missed you saying that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top