Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2015 6:17:01 PM EDT
Anyone know of a good CZ pistolsmith that they could recommend?  I have an older 75 (not B) that thinks it's trigger needs to function as an automatic decocker.  I've torn this thing apart and can't figure out what's going on so I'm to the point of sending it off.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Cajun gun works.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Cajun Gun Works
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:27:12 PM EDT
[#3]
CZ Custom, Cajun Gunworks or Automatic Accuracy are the custom go to guys that know CZ in and out.  For your purposes a general gun smith might be able to help you though?  

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:22:12 PM EDT
[#4]
In double action, single action, or both? Did you obtain it with this problem, or is this something new that is happening to a pistol that has been functioning fine for awhile?

Odds are, especially if it is the latter one in SA, you just have a worn out sear spring. If it is the former, it could still be a sear spring, but it could also be someone messed with the sear/hammer hooks trying to tune the trigger pull and they ended up making the sear slip off the hammer without the hammer being in position for the half cock notch to clear.

Both are very fixable, just require certain parts.

If this is happening in DA, then you probably just need a new disconnector or trigger bar.

If it is in both... you should send it off to Cajun Gun Works.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:04:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Call David at CGW, He'll tell you what it is and what's needed to fix it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:51:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In double action, single action, or both? Did you obtain it with this problem, or is this something new that is happening to a pistol that has been functioning fine for awhile?

Odds are, especially if it is the latter one in SA, you just have a worn out sear spring. If it is the former, it could still be a sear spring, but it could also be someone messed with the sear/hammer hooks trying to tune the trigger pull and they ended up making the sear slip off the hammer without the hammer being in position for the half cock notch to clear.

If this is happening in DA, then you probably just need a new disconnector or trigger bar.

View Quote

Both actually.  If shooting single action, the sear will release but something catches the half-cock notch on the hammer.  The same thing happens when shooting double action.  Irritating as heck!

I bought this thing cheap a long time ago and have finally decided that I need to get it fixed.  I've torn it down but haven't noticed anything obvious.  Figure I'll send it off to someone who is more familiar with the CZ setup.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Both actually.  If shooting single action, the sear will release but something catches the half-cock notch on the hammer.  The same thing happens when shooting double action.  Irritating as heck!

I bought this thing cheap a long time ago and have finally decided that I need to get it fixed.  I've torn it down but haven't noticed anything obvious.  Figure I'll send it off to someone who is more familiar with the CZ setup.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd wager someone went to town with a file/stone/sandpaper and had no idea what they were doing with a CZ.

Although for the age of a pre-B gun, it probably wouldn't hurt to just change all the springs out and see what happens first.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top