Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2015 4:38:44 PM EDT
Very curious about CZs and thinking abiut getting one for CCW.

Which one do you carry and why?

Pictures?

I saw a nice 14+1 CZ that was steel slide and aluminum frame I think, was a nice looking piece.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 4:48:39 PM EDT
[#1]
CZ75 Compact (all steel) and CZ75 PCR.  

The PCR is my newer purchase.  I still frequently carry the steel Compact because I have a nice holster for it.  Once I get a nice holster for the PCR I'll probably carry it all the time.  The lighter weight of the PCR makes it really comfortable.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#2]
P-07 with night sights.  Love it.  Small enough to conceal well but still large enough that I can shoot it well, and it's nice and light.  Before that I carried a Compact, but it was much heavier.  I shoot the P-07 better, too.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 8:31:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Carried a P01, P02, and a PCR.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry a P-01 in a IWB holster.  It is light and I like the decocker because you shoot it like a revolver.  It sounds like you might have been looking at a P-01.  They are also NATO certified.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 10:08:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I carry a P07 everyday. I love it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 8:18:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I carry a P01 now, using the Bianchi M100 leather holster that used to carry my G30SF.

It's 4oz heavier than my G23 w/9mm conversion barrel and with the same 14 rds.  Hardly a problem...

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:45:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Pictures?

I saw a nice 14+1 CZ that was steel slide and aluminum frame I think, was a nice looking piece.
View Quote

I carry the 75B polycoat in .40

Here's a file photo. Mine has the CZ rubber grips and the standard capacity mags.

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 2:20:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Winter, or what we losly call winter down here, CZ P-09 is OWB High Noon Slide Guard holster, in bison hide. Light covering garment works wonders.

Summer, CZ SP-01 Phantom in High Noon Down Under IWB rig.

Both ride on a High Noon Rock Steady gun belt.

http://highnoonholsters.com/
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:29:07 PM EDT
[#9]
P07 in aliengear IWB holster.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 5:16:52 AM EDT
[#10]
PCR in a Tucker Gun Leather "Answer" holster.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I used to carry a CZ75 Compact 9mm in a Comptac C-TAC.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:19:11 AM EDT
[#12]
9mm rami in a galco pocket holster
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 5:39:53 AM EDT
[#13]
P07 in .40 S&W with night sights.

Cocked and locked, like my Colt 1911.  It's what I'm used to.

13 rounds of 135 grain hollow points with 2 additional magazines.

100% reliable so far.  More accurate than my other 3 brands of plastic framed pistols.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 5:58:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I've carried a few different CZs in recent years. For about the last 20 months I've carried a 75 SP-01 Phantom in a Bianchi holster. Cross draw.

I also carry, either as a bug to the Phantom. Or by itself. A vz. 70. Always in a pocket holster, in a pocket. Obviously.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#15]
PO-1 in an MTAC in winter.  Works great, but I go smaller for summer carry.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:57:26 AM EDT
[#16]
I've owned and carried CZs pistols for a long time to include 27, 50s, 75s, 83 and a 85.  Here's my 1986 CZ75 in a late Bruce Nelson Summer Special he made for me in 88'.  I usually carry the 75 cocked and locked like my 1911 or Coonan.

or in Ted Blockers LFI rigs (left and right hand)

CD
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:49:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I also carry, either as a bug to the Phantom. Or by itself. A vz. 70. Always in a pocket holster, in a pocket.
View Quote

aren't those kind of heavy for the pocket?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I also carry, either as a bug to the Phantom. Or by itself. A vz. 70. Always in a pocket holster, in a pocket.

You would think so. And I could see why others would think that. But I've never had a problem carrying it in a pocket. Whether in jeans, cargo pants/shorts, etc.

I've always leaned towards the larger guns for civilian carry. Be it the Phantom, an all steel 75 or a Beretta M9 for example.So whether having the weight on my hip, on my shoulders or in a pocket. Doesn't matter to me much. And it's not uncomfortable to me. It funny though and I'd guess a lot of people would find it funny too. Considering the 75 Phantom weighs about 28.2 oz ( about 1.8 pounds, much of the gun is plastic) and the vz. 70 weighs about 25 oz (about 1.6 pounds). I've carried other guns in my pocket over the years. Like the Smith 642 and Ruger LCR. Those two weight around a pound and less than a pound respectively. But to me adding another half pound or so is no issue at all.

I'm not disparaging others or their thought processes. Especially those that have health issues. I mean carry whatever gun you want. If you're fine with a 642 literally on your hip. Or you only wanna hassle with a G42 or Smith Shield on your hip. That's cool. But people really like the small and light guns for EDC because their lighter and easier to carry (not to mention they're easier to hide). Sure, I'd be perfectly fine and feel well armed in 99.9999999999% of situations with only a small, light gun. But I carry what I like. And I personally don't fuss (like so many do) about a little extra gun weight. Sometimes all I carry is the 70 in my pocket. Generally for short trips around the neighborhood or if I don't plan to leave the car. .32 isn't the ideal round to me. But the 70 is one of the few small guns I have that can be pocket carried. I like the gun, but part of the reason I carry it is out of necessity. But it works and it works well for what I need it for.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
P07 in aliengear IWB holster.

<a href="http://s819.photobucket.com/user/andywoj00/media/AGP07front_zps2f4a4a5e.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz119/andywoj00/AGP07front_zps2f4a4a5e.jpg</a>
View Quote

I use an AlienGear (the new model with a neoprene backer) for my P-07 also.  I really like it.  Most comfortable holster I've used.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:50:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You would think so. And I could see why others would think that. But I've never had a problem carrying it in a pocket. Whether in jeans, cargo pants/shorts, etc.

I've always leaned towards the larger guns for civilian carry. Be it the Phantom, an all steel 75 or a Beretta M9 for example.So whether having the weight on my hip, on my shoulders or in a pocket. Doesn't matter to me much. And it's not uncomfortable to me. It funny though and I'd guess a lot of people would find it funny too. Considering the 75 Phantom weighs about 28.2 oz ( about 1.8 pounds, much of the gun is plastic) and the vz. 70 weighs about 25 oz (about 1.6 pounds). I've carried other guns in my pocket over the years. Like the Smith 642 and Ruger LCR. Those two weight around a pound and less than a pound respectively. But to me adding another half pound or so is no issue at all.

I'm not disparaging others or their thought processes. Especially those that have health issues. I mean carry whatever gun you want. If you're fine with a 642 literally on your hip. Or you only wanna hassle with a G42 or Smith Shield on your hip. That's cool. But people really like the small and light guns for EDC because their lighter and easier to carry (not to mention they're easier to hide). Sure, I'd be perfectly fine and feel well armed in 99.9999999999% of situations with only a small, light gun. But I carry what I like. And I personally don't fuss (like so many do) about a little extra gun weight. Sometimes all I carry is the 70 in my pocket. Generally for short trips around the neighborhood or if I don't plan to leave the car. .32 isn't the ideal round to me. But the 70 is one of the few small guns I have that can be pocket carried. I like the gun, but part of the reason I carry it is out of necessity. But it works and it works well for what I need it for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It just goes to show everyone is different and there is no one size fits all when it comes to ccw.  I have a screwed up sciatic nerve on my left side due to a back injury, and too much pressure on my beltline causes me pain.  A heavy gun pulls on the belt enough that it hurts, even with a quality bolster and a good stiff belt meant for ccw.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#21]
CZ PCR. It's either that or a G19. No other pistols are carried on this hip of mine. Both have been 200% reliable.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#22]
I carry a P-01 everyday. VZ grips, flattened trigger, reduced power trigger hammer, firing pin, and firing pin block springs, enhanced firing pin from cajun gun works, and homemade holster for AIWB. Working on a new holster so I can carry with the Inforce APL on it.

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 10:07:05 PM EDT
[#23]
The previous owner of my p07 carried it daily. I would love to see CZ enter the single stack 9 / .40 arena, maybe assemble it at the dan wesson factory to get around the old saturday night special import laws.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:04:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Surprised to not see more RAMIs being carried, any reason to go with a PCR/P01 etc vs a RAMI?

I am currently carrying a Glock 42 but am thinking of becoming an all CZ family
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Surprised to not see more RAMIs being carried, any reason to go with a PCR/P01 etc vs a RAMI?

View Quote

Manual of arms.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:10:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Manual of arms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Manual of arms.

I sold all my Glocks and own all CZs now and love em.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:35:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Manual of arms.

A Glock is not worth selling to by anything else, not even food.  CZs are great, and so are Glocks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How would you compare the 70 to the earlier 50? What about the the FEG 63 or Bersa Thunder?
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 8:31:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Have a friend who tried carrying a RAMI for a while. It wasn't reliable though, I mean not at all. He ended up getting rid of it and now carries a PCR. Not saying they're all like that, that was the only RAMI I have any experience with. He used to carry a Glock.

I used to carry a 75 Compact. Now I carry an HK P7, but CZs are still my go-to gun for absolutely everything else.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Here is mine its winter carry for me.  I nolonger have the SP01 mags in the the 75 pre B gon back to the original 16 round mags that don print like the SP01 mags did.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:19:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

A Glock is not worth selling to by anything else, not even food.  CZs are great, and so are Glocks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Manual of arms.

QFT. I love both and carry both. I plan on keeping my G42 even with G43 in order
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:56:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Pictures?

View Quote

CZ 75 B .40 with Polycoat finish. Its all steel but not at all too heavy to CCW. But I guess that has to do with me. I also often CCW a 1911A1.

If anything I think the two extra mags are more of a pain, literally. I carry them in a Galco open-top double mag pouch and the rims dig into my side something fierce.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top