Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2015 12:51:42 AM EDT
Hi,
I have a possible trade opurtunity to Trade a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm that I bought used for 425.00 for a ITM Solothurn AT84 in Nice Condition. I have owned 2 early CZ 75's one was possibly a Sneak In as it had no Import Marks Anywhere and was made in 1977.
I have looked at and held a AT84 at a Gunshow but the Old Guy refused to sell it saying They are His Favorite of the CZ Copies. I do know some about them thru research, but would like to hear some of Y'alls Input and Opinions. If I trade it would be a straight up trade meaning I would be in the AT84 for 425.00 which is what I have in the M&P

I have read a thread or two about Soft Parts or Slides? Does Anyone have any info about that? We're there certain Years that had that issue? Is there a way to tell if it has a Soft Slide or other Parts? I do know how to Disassemble it and can inspect the Slide Rails and Internal Parts for Excessive Wear Cracks ETC. But not sure if I would be able to tell if the Metal is soft or not.

Update:

Well after almost a Week of thinking about it, The Guy sent Me a Text and said He would give Me the ITM 84S and 100.00 Cash in trade for My S&W M&P Fullsize 9mm. I bought the Gun for 425.00 with 3 Factory Mags 1 was New, I kept the New Factory Mag so I have 300.00 in a CZ 75 Copy Made in Switzerland.

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 11:45:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I would probably trade.That is not too common a pistol,
and you can always get another M&P.......
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 1:24:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah that's what I am thinking too, I looked at it Yesterday and the only drawback is He doesn't have the Original Mags for it. The 2 He has both stick out about a 1/16" bellow the Frame. And They both have plastic base plates, the original Mags that I have seen pictures of fit flush and are Metal. Do You have any idea what Mags will fit Correctly? He wants My M&P pretty bad He offered the AT84 and 50.00 to trade I think I am going to see if He will go for a 100.00 difference seeing how I'm going to have to find a couple of Mags for it.

Other than the Magazine Issue its in Nice Shape and from the research I have done it's not a earlier one with a Soft Slide. He let Me Disassemble it and it's doesnt have any abnormal wear and looks like it may have around 500 Rounds thru it. My Son doesn't want Me to Trade but it's like I told Him M&P's are a Dime a Dozen and Cheap! I got the one I have now with 3 Mags for 425.00 I offered it to Him with 2 Mags as it would come New so if He will do 100.00 I will only have 300.00 in the AT84 which to Me would be a Good Deal.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:17:31 AM EDT
[#3]
If the AT84 is that clean, i would put $350 in it easy,
that's me tho......
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Now if I can find Someone here that can help Me out with Magazines. It came with 1 10 Round and 1 15 Round and neither one are the correct mag as they stick out from the farme about a 1/16 of a inch. I have read everything from TZ75 Mags to Early CZ75 Mags fit it. Does Anyone have any first Hand Knoweledge of which are the Correct Mags and will Fit and Function Correctly? Below are some Pictures I found online that show a Metal Base Flush Fit Mag.

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:08:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Any earlier Tanfoglio(EAA, FIE, etc.) mags should work. The last picture looks like a CZ mag. Don't know if the new production Mecgars would work or not. ETA: I would have traded in a NY minute!!!

http://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines/cz-75-85-15rd-9mm-polished-blue-magazine-oem.html#.VO3lF580DBs
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:49:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any earlier Tanfoglio(EAA, FIE, etc.) mags should work. The last picture looks like a CZ mag. Don't know if the new production Mecgars would work or not. ETA: I would have traded in a NY minute!!!

http://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines/cz-75-85-15rd-9mm-polished-blue-magazine-oem.html#.VO3lF580DBs
http://www.cdnnsports.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/600x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/C/Z/CZ7515M.jpg
View Quote

Thank You for posting that link, I am going to order 2 of those and if They fit and Function a couple of more. I have read where the mag catch was slightly higher on these than the CZ75 but You can carefully file the top of the Magazine notch and they Work fine.
So far I'm catching a lot of crap from My Son for doing the Trade, I told Him its not His Gun so don't worry about it lol. M&P's are a dime a Dozen ITM 84S are not.
I will buy another M&P the one I traded was like new in the box and I only paid 425.00 for it with 3 Mags. I kept the New Mag so basically I had 400.00 in the M&P and got 100.00 Cash and the ITM84S so I think 300.00 for a pretty rare CZ copy is a Deal!
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#7]
You did good.  Swiss firearms have their own mystique about them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#8]
That's a very nice pistol..............you did good !
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#9]
CZ75Fan,

Thank's again for the Link I ordered 2 of those Mags I am hoping they fit, I will order 2 More if They Fit and Function. I also scored 2 Sig P226 Factory 15 Round Mags lightly used for 16.99each! If They look as good as the Picture that is a Deal. I also Scored 6 really Nice Novak 1911 Mags here on the EE the other day and got those Today, They are in like new Condition and Very Nicely Made too. I have read good things about the Novak Mags but they are hard to find.

mcdndy and bigthicket, Thank You both for Your Input, I knew it was a good deal but trying to convince a 24 Year old know it all is Tough! I will report back after a Range session in a couple of Weeks. I want to get the New Mags I ordered in Hand before I take it to the Range and verify they will Work.

Thanks Again Everyone
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I almost forgot to let y'all know there is a hard chrome or nickel version of the ITM 84S on gunbroker.com for 419.00 Buy It Now. That's a Pretty good price for that Gun. Shipping is only 18.00 for a total of 437.00!
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd have traded an M&P for a Swiss made CZ clone in a heartbeat!

I got to handle a Sphinx compact model a few years back at a fun store. It was SO nice. If it were in 9MM (It was .40), I probably would have bought it right there.

I hope you find some good magazines. That thing needs to be shot!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top