Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2014 10:13:32 PM EDT
Hello all, I just picked up my cheap, beat up surplus CZ-75 D compact that I ordered a few weeks ago, and I've discovered that it will not work in DA mode.

It will drop the hammer normally when fired SA, but the trigger will not cock the hammer.  If you decock it to the half cocked position, pulling the trigger will just drop the hammer the rest of the way.

Any idea what's going on here?  This is my first CZ so I'm not too familiar with the inner workings.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you contacted the seller about this?

Was it from CDI sales?
View Quote

Yeah it was them, but no I didn't plan on contacting them.  The steel frame 75D compact is pretty hard to come by and they don't have any more, also it was under $300, so I figure I'll just tinker with it.

I took it all apart last night (that was fun), and it looks like the disconnector is badly worn where it comes in contact with the trigger bar, allowing it to slip past it without cocking the hammer.

I ordered a new one for a couple bucks along with some new springs and I'll see where that gets me.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:17:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I feel sorry for you. I hated putting my PCR back together. You can use the trigger pin as a slave pin for the decock block () when reassembling IIRC. Best of luck and keep us posted
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top