Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2014 8:28:29 PM EDT
Hello, needed a little bit of help. Just purchased this pistol, and my friend sprayed a bunch of rim oil all over it and etched the grips. Now there's a residue on the gun and my grips are messed up, so my questions are these: 1. What are some good replacement grips? I've seen mention of VZ? 2. How do I get the residue off? And finally 3. What do I need to properly clean my CZ? It came woth a brush and the pole you put the little wipe in. Also, if curios about the gun, it shoots Beautifully,. Any help would be very appreciated :)
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the forum.  I hope you enjoy your time here.

I like the rubber grips on mine, so I couldn't help you much there.  But you can get a set from CZUSA for $28 or so.  I bet they have some other materials to pick from too.

I imagine you could get the residue off with more RemOil.  Lighter fluid would work, acetone, anything that will soften plastic.  I'm assuming that your pistol has the polycoat finish.  I would just hit it with RemOil and a rag and keep at it until its clean.

I use a boresnake, rag, and AR15 toothbrush with a little bit of CLP.  But your RemOil with the bore brush that you already have is fine, just don't be slinging the stuff all over the place.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:05:26 PM EDT
[#2]
For clarity, what is Rim Oil?

VZ makes some superb grip choices for the 75 platform. Hogue makes some cheaper options. There are also any number of wood grips from overseas eBay sellers.  The VZ grips are a great choice and pretty universally loved.

As far as cleaning, I love the Otis brand cleaning systems.
The basics are pull a brush through the bore to remove large debris.
Pull a wet patch, or several... Wet with a cleaning solvent like Hoppes No9 or other gun bore cleaner.
Pull several clean dry patches until barrel is clean.
Oil the gun and reassemble... Google CZ75b oil chart and you can see where the gun needs lube.  Use a good quality gun oil.  The basics are barrel hood, trigger area, slide rails.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:00:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info, Ill definitely look into the VZ Grips and it might have been rem oil that he used. Wooden ones sound nice too though
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:49:36 AM EDT
[#4]
OP, I have a set of factory rubber grips off my SP-01 that are brand new. Gun was never even shot with them on. If you can double check that they'll fit your gun, you can have them for whatever it costs to ship them + a couple bucks for the trouble of running to the post office to mail it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:28:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP, I have a set of factory rubber grips off my SP-01 that are brand new. Gun was never even shot with them on. If you can double check that they'll fit your gun, you can have them for whatever it costs to ship them + a couple bucks for the trouble of running to the post office to mail it.
View Quote

Sweet. Merry Christmas Lucros.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#6]
That would be awesome! Ill find out today and send you a PM once I know if they'll fit
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 4:55:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That would be awesome! Ill find out today and send you a PM once I know if they'll fit
View Quote

Roger
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top