Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2014 5:30:57 PM EDT
I've been looking for a range gun in 9mm. I have carry guns, home defense, and all that. I want something strictly for range fun and maybe some competitions. I like 9mm 1911's but the reliability concerns me. I like the 75b sa but it seems like CZ has discontinued all the custom shop versions of it. That leaves the plain 75b sa but I've heard the trigger isn't the greatest. Can anyone comment on it? I typically shoot glocks and that is what I'm used too but the ergos suck and I want something all metal and SA.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:23:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The seem to have some custom shop SA's on their website.  not cheap though.

http://czcustom.com/CZ-Custom-Pistols.aspx
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:31:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea but notice that none of them are in stock. If you go to cz usa's site the custom shop SA stuff is all discontinued, like the shadow and target versions.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Gotcha.  Well they can change the firing system for DA/SA to SAO (though it wont say SA on the slide) so if I wanted a CZ with the best possible trigger, I would get one of the models that comes without the firing pin block, and send it to the custom shop to have a trigger job, short reset, and changed to SAO.  That would be a pretty nice shooter.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:49:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gotcha.  Well they can change the firing system for DA/SA to SAO (though it wont say SA on the slide) so if I wanted a CZ with the best possible trigger, I would get one of the models that comes without the firing pin block, and send it to the custom shop to have a trigger job, short reset, and changed to SAO.  That would be a pretty nice shooter.
View Quote

Yea that makes sense. Maybe an sp-01 shadow converted to sao.

But then again, at the range I can always be in condition 1. You'd really only ever have to deal with the double action trigger if you carried it hammer down.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:11:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I have only had the SA/DA versions, as I prefer hammer down carry, but I have heard that the SAO might be slightly more crisp than the SA/DA when fired in SA.  This is something, that even if it is true would probably barely be noticeable for most shooters, but if you were looking strictly for a target gun might be something else to consider.

I think the CZ 85 Combat (not the 85B, which they also make) also comes with no firing pin block.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:18:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've been looking for a range gun in 9mm. I have carry guns, home defense, and all that. I want something strictly for range fun and maybe some competitions. I like 9mm 1911's but the reliability concerns me. I like the 75b sa but it seems like CZ has discontinued all the custom shop versions of it. That leaves the plain 75b sa but I've heard the trigger isn't the greatest. Can anyone comment on it? I typically shoot glocks and that is what I'm used too but the ergos suck and I want something all metal and SA.
View Quote

I have a SA 75 and the out of the box CZ SA trigger is IMO much, much better then even a tuned Glock trigger.

If your used to Glock then you'll be very happy with it. Or you can drop a hammer and sear in the gun and have a incredible trigger.

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:04:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have a SA 75 and the out of the box CZ SA trigger is IMO much, much better then even a tuned Glock trigger.

If your used to Glock then you'll be very happy with it. Or you can drop a hammer and sear in the gun and have a incredible trigger.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Completely agree - I used Glocks for a long, long time.  Hell, I still shoot Glocks, but a CZ trigger is wayyyyyyyyy better than my tuned Glock triggers.CZs don't have 2lb 1911 triggers, but you can get them very, very good if you work at them.  Out of the box, CZ triggers are very serviceable.  I shoot my CZ 75 SP-01 in competitions and have never done anything to it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:25:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Check Oak Hill Guns for a CZ 75 Shadow SA Custom Shop through the following link. They usually get Shadow variants regularly. If anything you can possibly reserve one at CZC.

http://oakhillguns.com/pistol/cz-usa/cz-75-shadow-sa-9mm-custom-shop-black-polycoat-16-round-pistol-short-reset-trigger-comp-sights-91711.html

As far as the 75B SA goes, I have one personally. If you like 1911 triggers then the 75B SA trigger out of the box will leave you expecting better. Of course there's CZC and CGW to remedy that. However, after the work and money spent to modify the 75B SA would cost about the same for a CZ 75 Shadow SA. I have no knowledge as to what modifications or types of handguns are allowed for the different competitions/events so you may need to dig into that as well to help you decide.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:45:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I've never had one of the factory SA or tuned versions, save for a compact L that had an abysmal trigger. I say buy the cheapest CZ 75B you can find, then ship it to CGW for the works. You will not be disappointed.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:13:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Check Oak Hill Guns for a CZ 75 Shadow SA Custom Shop through the following link. They usually get Shadow variants regularly. If anything you can possibly reserve one at CZC.

http://oakhillguns.com/pistol/cz-usa/cz-75-shadow-sa-9mm-custom-shop-black-polycoat-16-round-pistol-short-reset-trigger-comp-sights-91711.html

As far as the 75B SA goes, I have one personally. If you like 1911 triggers then the 75B SA trigger out of the box will leave you expecting better. Of course there's CZC and CGW to remedy that. However, after the work and money spent to modify the 75B SA would cost about the same for a CZ 75 Shadow SA. I have no knowledge as to what modifications or types of handguns are allowed for the different competitions/events so you may need to dig into that as well to help you decide.
View Quote

The 75b shadow SA would be ideal but in CZ'S website it says it was discontinued in 2012. So I could either do a 75b sa which impact guns has in stock right now or a sp-01 shadow and maybe convert it to sa later.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#11]
After doing more research it seems like the best option would be an sp-01 shadow or go all out and do a sp-01 accu-shaddow. There is no need for a firing pin block for what I'd be doing and it just makes for a shittier trigger. The 75b shadow SA would be ideal but from what I can tell that will be impossible to get.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I wanted a SAO CZ also and ended up going with a SP01, purchased directly from CGW with all of the goodies and a SAO conversion (which actually saved some $$).

Price was around the same as just buying a 75b shadow SA, and David assured me that his tuned gun would far outperform the stock shadow. Just something else to consider.

I'm still eagerly awaiting it
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:37:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Buy an SP-01 and either install the parts yourself, or send to David @ Cajun Gun Works and have him install his hammer, spring kit, and short reset system and you'll have a highly reliable gun with a phenomenal trigger.

The factory trigger in SA is already better than a Glock's, but what Cajun Gun Works parts does to CZ pistols is a whoooole other monster.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top