Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2014 11:33:12 PM EDT
Just wanted to post my experience with CGW. I had ordered the competition hammer, double action kit, and oversized roller bearing and was slightly disappointed with the trigger pull. I had great expectations based on all of the fantastic reviews I had read about using these drop in parts. I contacted  David at CGW and asked if I was expecting too much. My single action trigger pull was around 5.5lbs, but the double action was pretty good.  I had read that many people were getting trigger pulls around 3.5 pounds. David said the pull should be better, and that tolerance stacking or roughness may be the problem.  He asked me to send the gun to him, and he would polish and tune the action at no cost. I told him I would be happy to pay for his work, but he insisted that I should only pay the $30 shipping to him. He said they would pay shipping back.  He asked me what pull I was looking for, and I told him 3.3 to 3.5lbs.  He said the work would take about 4 weeks.

David created a prepaid FedEx label for me, and I shipped the gun to him. When he received it, he called me and let me know the work would take about 4 weeks.  He was very professional and was genuinely concerned with my satisfaction. I let him know, again, I was happy to pay for the work, but he insisted it was at no cost.

I received a call about 4 weeks later that my gun was finished, and the singe action pull was 3lbs 4oz, while the double action was 7lbs 6oz.  I then paid the $30 shipping and he shipped  the gun back.

When I received the gun, I was ecstatic.  The single action is wonderful. Almost no creep and light. I couldn't be happier. The double action is smooth as well.  This gun is likely to become my favorite, and CGW has earned a customer for life!

If you're considering upgrading a CZ , I can't suggest CGW enough.  Thank you David, you are truly a pleasure to work with.

Jim

TLDR: Cajun Gun Works is awesome!
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:05:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:46:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Just sent my SP-01 to David yesterday for his Defensive Carry package and sight set.

I can't wait to get it back - gonna be a long 4-5 weeks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:32:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:39:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome! Great to hear everything went well.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:58:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, I've been considering sending them my PCR for some work.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#6]
These are some camera stills of my steel target I shot with the Cajunized P-09 at 25 yards, two hand standing.

The two above are five shot groups of my Self Defense training handload, a 115 gr XTP with Accurate Arms #7 powder. Target is a 1/2 scale IDPA steel target, code named Thugly.

This is Hornady Critical Duty. Considering the distance, I think this qualifies as a carry round. Even though it's a +P round, recoil was quite manageable.

ExCZellent pistol, and superb after receiving the Cajun touch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top