Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2014 10:14:42 PM EDT
And why is it supposedly impossible to switch the FCG from a P-01 over to a P-02?
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:42:12 PM EDT
[#1]
If you mean the US, then, they do.  I owned one.  They also import as the "Compact L" too.  Got mine through Grabagun.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:44:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I waited for 2 years to find one, got a lead from a post here last year and jumped on one from Grab a Gun.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:59:41 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not on the website, and they're rare as unicorns.  Do they really manufacture any on this side of the pond, or are those few hanging around imports?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 2:46:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:38:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Troll gun broker... I found a NIB P-02 (with 0 markup for scarcity) a few months ago at a dealer about 40 miles from me.

Bought that thing instantly.

It has rapidly become my favorite pistol. I absolutely love it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:19:02 PM EDT
[#6]
CZC has '09 Blem P-02's for $512.08 plus shipping

http://czcustom.com/cz75p029mmcompactomegabl.aspx
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:48:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I've been looking for a P-01 and these intrigue me. I know the P-02 is basically an "improved" version of the p-01. Anyone know anything about them/ what's blem about them? I'm pretty leery to order sight unseen. Would I be better off just finding a p-01 local? Also, any gerneal thoughts or info on the p-01/p-02 would be welcome. Looking to get my first CZ. I'm looking to get something that's easily concealable or I'd get something in the 75 flavor instead. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:23:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I've been looking for a P-01 and these intrigue me. I know the P-02 is basically an "improved" version of the p-01. Anyone know anything about them/ what's blem about them? I'm pretty leery to order sight unseen. Would I be better off just finding a p-01 local? Also, any gerneal thoughts or info on the p-01/p-02 would be welcome. Looking to get my first CZ. I'm looking to get something that's easily concealable or I'd get something in the 75 flavor instead. Thanks in advance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe the p02 also comes with a safety instead of a decocker.  At least all the ones I have seen in the pictures have appeared to have manual safeties.

Generally with compact cz75's, you are either limited to steel framed with safety (cz 75 compact) and alloy frame with decocker (p01, pcr, and the custom shop versions of the two.)  The p02 appears to be an odd duck as it would have the alloy frame and a safety.

I will say this though, according the websites of the companies anyways, the cz 75 compact (all steel model) is the same weight as a sig p229, so while it is kind of heavy, it is not as heavy as some might consider it to be.

If you are that worried about buying a blemish gun without being able to see it first, I would just get one of the more common flavors of the compact models out there.  Just because they don't have the omega trigger out there doesn't mean they have bad triggers.  And there are two very reputable companies that made their names doing cz trigger jobs (czcustom and Cajun gun works.)
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#9]
...want to talk about CZ "odd ducks", here is a rare beast.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:00:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Amen. Or make any alloy compact with a safety.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:50:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:24:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:53:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Very nice looking pistol!
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Never quite figured out how a P-02 is an "improvement" on a P-01. They got the P-01 right from the beginning. It passed the NATO reliability tests where so many other failed.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Two reasons:

Not really interested in the decocker models.

CZ had no compact models with a safety and a rail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Never quite figured out how a P-02 is an "improvement" on a P-01. They got the P-01 right from the beginning. It passed the NATO reliability tests where so many other failed.

Two reasons:

Not really interested in the decocker models.

CZ had no compact models with a safety and a rail.
My reasons exactly...just my preferences.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:09:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There were a few of those, aluminum framed compacts with a safety, on GB awhile ago. They went pretty cheap and I still kinda kick myself for not snagging one.

They were overseas surplus IIRC.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...want to talk about CZ "odd ducks", here is a rare beast.
http://rustyhubbard.com/RH0_1774s.jpg

There were a few of those, aluminum framed compacts with a safety, on GB awhile ago. They went pretty cheap and I still kinda kick myself for not snagging one.

They were overseas surplus IIRC.

I want a Compact frame (steel ) with a decocker.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Like any company CZ builds what sells. If you want a P-02 then contact CZ USA and tell them. If enough people ask for them they will build more of them. If I recall that is how the Green (OD) P-01 happened...in that case a distributor ordered 300 of them and they made them for him. Clearly if a P-01 with a safety was popular enough and someone steps up and asks for 300 or whatever the magic number would be then CZ would build a batch. With their Mix and Match method of building anything 75 related they can most likely just reach in their parts bin and put together whatever you want.

SO, if a compact aluminum frame with a rail and a safety is your bag....call CZ USA.....call a distributor....get enough people to ask for one and they will build it. . Give them a call, ask how many they would need to put in an order. I will bet next week's pay that if they had a firm order for the right number you would get what you desire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top