Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2014 3:08:25 PM EDT
[Do I handle the 4 1/2 week wait time?]

This is my first CZ and my first "out of the box" custom gun. David was a great guy over the phone and answered all of my questions. Really looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

This is my first CZ and my first "out of the box" custom gun. David was a great guy over the phone and answered all of my questions. Really looking forward to it!
View Quote

I'm trying to answer this question myself in regards to sending my future SP-01 to him for trigger work. I don't really wanna do the work myself and at the same time a 4-5 week lead time sucks - especially considering it will have been on lay away for a couple months already.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 3:50:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got SP01 waiting to send down for basically the same treatment.  Post pics when ya get it back
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 4:07:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm trying to answer this question myself in regards to sending my future SP-01 to him for trigger work. I don't really wanna do the work myself and at the same time a 4-5 week lead time sucks - especially considering it will have been on lay away for a couple months already.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After watching some videos it seems rather simple, however I dont currently have the gun and it will save me considerable FFL/shipping costs only going one way. Plus, if I ever decide to sell it, it'll hold its value MUCH better than a kitchen table gun smithing job.

This is the first time I've ever really splurged on a gun/gone the custom route. Might as well do it right

With the SAO conversion I was able to save around $100 as there are fewer parts and less labor involved. That put my cost out the door pretty close to a stock 75B SA Shadow.. Pretty tough to beat.

The wait time is going to be brutal, however.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

After watching some videos it seems rather simple, however I dont currently have the gun and it will save me considerable FFL/shipping costs only going one way. Plus, if I ever decide to sell it, it'll hold its value MUCH better than a kitchen table gun smithing job.

This is the first time I've ever really splurged on a gun/gone the custom route. Might as well do it right

With the SAO conversion I was able to save around $100 as there are fewer parts and less labor involved. That put my cost out the door pretty close to a stock 75B SA Shadow.. Pretty tough to beat.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. That's my dilemma. I have no problem paying for them to do it. That wait time though...
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:09:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can obsess over the different colors and grip patterns on the VZ website!

All my metal CZ's have VZ grips on them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have them on my BHPs and 1911s as well.

Are the tactical diamonds too aggressive for all day use (multi-day class, 1k rounds)? Im leaning towards the Frags
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 12:57:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, 4ish weeks for a good gunsmith is really not that bad.  I've been waiting well over a year to get a S&W rebarreled by a reputable gun smith and on of my friends is nearing 18 months on a custom 1911 build...  While its all relative, 4 weeks isn't that bad for whats out there.

That said, I just got my CZ P07 back from CGW and I'm SUPER happy with what they did.  Totally worth the money.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top