Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2014 9:05:40 AM EDT
Lately I find myself wanting a P-09 in 9mm.  No real reason, I guess I just have a thing for full-size 9mm pistols.  Would probably just be a range blaster, might also use it for some informal competition.  The reviews on the P-09 seem pretty positive, and they are priced well IMO.  Only downside I can think of is the high price of the mags.  Anything I'm missing?  Any known issues with the P-09?  How's the trigger?  Any other CZ that I should look at instead?  My only CZ currently is a 75B.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're willing to spend a little more, check out the SP-01.  It's an amazing gun.  Everything I've heard about the P-09 has been great.  I really like the forward serrations and hammer, but the SP-01 is absolutely amazing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:05:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I was considering an SP-01 as well, but they seem hard to find compared to the P-09, plus I'm not sure if I can justify the extra $180 or so that it will cost me.  Also I have a 75B currently, so I figured I'd give their one of their polymer framed guns a try.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:53:52 AM EDT
[#3]
No known issues, trigger is not bad from the factory and workable, but I use CGW parts in mine.  They are good guns overall and I prefer the P09 to the SP-01/Shadow Variants.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:42:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got the P09 but be ready to pick up extra springs.

My trigger return spring broke after 1-1.5 K rounds
and thousands of dry practice runs

Trigger stopped resetting.  Pulled the trigger apart, pulled the spring out.  Looked intact, but I started slightly pulling and pushing on the spring and one of the legs snapped right off because it was cracked...

luckily i had spares.  Not difficult (technically speaking) to replace the spring, just annoying.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info.  Where did you pick up your spares from?  Is the trigger return spring unique to the P-09, or is it the same as, say a 75B or SP-01?  I wonder if CZ-USA would mail out small parts like that if I did have an issue.  

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got the P09 but be ready to pick up extra springs.

My trigger return spring broke after 1-1.5 K rounds
and thousands of dry practice runs

Trigger stopped resetting.  Pulled the trigger apart, pulled the spring out.  Looked intact, but I started slightly pulling and pushing on the spring and one of the legs snapped right off because it was cracked...

luckily i had spares.  Not difficult (technically speaking) to replace the spring, just annoying.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#6]
If the TRS broke, CZ-USA would replace it for you if under warranty.  It's a common part that breaks on CZs and you can get spares from CGW or CZ Custom.  The 75 Series TRS works in the P-07/9.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top