Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2014 9:57:04 PM EDT
I just put money down on a very nice commercial 83 in 380 with some walnut grips for my wife, She carries a KelTec P3AT now but doesn't like to shoot it and doesn't care for anything I have in 9mm so I was at my local shop the other day and they had the 83 "used" but looks new with one mag and original case for $299.

I'm a CZ fan anyway so I figured even though it is bigger and heavier than her KelTec perhaps she will like shooting it and worse case it becomes a house gun for her and I
get another CZ

So what's the opinion on these other than of course the 380 issue. Anybody have a good source for extra mags for it?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#1]
CZ-USA has mags. You can use 75b front and rear sights if you want something better than stock.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 10:32:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just put money down on a very nice commercial 83 in 380 with some walnut grips for my wife, She carries a KelTec P3AT now but doesn't like to shoot it and doesn't care for anything I have in 9mm so I was at my local shop the other day and they had the 83 "used" but looks new with one mag and original case for $299.

I'm a CZ fan anyway so I figured even though it is bigger and heavier than her KelTec perhaps she will like shooting it and worse case it becomes a house gun for her and I
get another CZ

So what's the opinion on these other than of course the 380 issue. Anybody have a good source for extra mags for it?
View Quote

CZ-USA for the magazines. If you are serious, I can usually find several at any of the shows near Dallas. There is one guy who has a very big selection of magazines and is at most of the local shows. Send me your info and I will put him in touch with you.

I have a CZ-380 that I carried for several years for no other reason than it was accurate as hell and ran like a Swiss watch especially with Hydroshok, and most any other ammo. I think the fact that it is a fixed barrel design is one of the reasons they are so very accurate. Great guns, great ergonomics, and with 13 rounds in the gun, I never felt undergunned at all. Glad you found something SHE likes, fits, and will shoot.
My SO has decided that she must have a Sig P 938, since it is the only auto she feels comfortable manipulating the slide on. She is not a big gun person, but does like to shoot and is not a brand name snob. So now I am buying a P 938
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 6:23:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info and I see J&G has factory mags for $20 so I'll probably just order from them.

I was afraid my wife was going to like my 938 but I think it was a bit snappy for her and she didn't care for the Mustang either so they are both safe for the moment though she did kind of like the Sig Mk25 of mine
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 6:24:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn double tapping tablet!
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 9:53:23 AM EDT
[#5]
You probably already know, but it will take CZ-82 mags, and barrels.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Watch the shipping on J&G.  I've owned my CZ83 since 89' and never had a issue with it feeding anything.  My southpaw son used to use it in bowling pin comps when he was 10 yrs old.

CD
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:33:07 AM EDT
[#7]
My wife has a CZ 83 that was an AA import from way back. Very reliable and accurate. If I could still find them for $200 a piece, I'd buy a few to sprinkle around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top